Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • First CX race
  • FAIL
    Free Member

Did my first ever CX race yesterday, West Mids league at Pitcher Oak Woods.

Great fun but flippin heck its hard work! Thanks to all the organisers/marshalls/volunteers etc.

My lack of fitness was exposed by most of the field but I did manage to lap a handful of poor souls so I didn’t quite finish last.

KidCragg
    Free Member

Nice one fail. You looking forward to the next one? It’s on my to do list but new baby has delayed my entrance / new bike til probably next year now.

FAIL
    Free Member

Yes I am looking forward to the next one. There is one every Sunday now until the first weekend of October.

One of the reasons I thought I’d give CX a go is that in theory it should fit in okayish with my family life. Saturday is currently written off with my kids activities, Sunday morning the wife does bootcamp, Sunday afternoon racing CX should be fine (and the family can come along too). Lets see if theory actually works in practise!

I think I need to turn a few of my bike commutes into training sessions in the week.

tezatron
    Free Member

Was it hard to get a place? All the posts on Facebook make out like its pretty much full.
    I’d love to have a go.

FAIL
    Free Member

I turned up nice and early (about 12:30 ish) and I am registered for the league so I got a place fine. According to the electronic timing there were 146 starters in the Junior/Senior/Vets 40+ race and on facebook they stated 160 max before the event, so no quite full but getting close.

I guess keep an eye on the facebook page this week and see if they state a limit for this sundays round? Turn up early and you will increase your chances of getting a place plus you can also cheer on the youth race.

tezatron
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips. I’ll definitely give it a go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘First CX race’ is closed to new replies.