• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • First attempt at ride video.
  • Andy_K

Hi folks, during my recent spell as an unemployed bum i thought i’d try to video my local loop. It’s jolly hard to record yourself from a distance! All filmed around Dent fell, west Cumbria.

Attempt 1
    Attempt 2

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I rather enjoyed those – the static shots broke up all the usual helmet cam stuff. Worth persevering with but perhaps edit the two into one of 3 or 4 mins?

Good quality for a gaffertaped on vcamera

craig1975
    Free Member

I really liked your second video, plus you answered my question at the end (what camera?) The first track on the second video is quality!!

Its something I fancy trying out myself at some point.

sharki
    Free Member

alot of work isn’t it to do short vids like these.

This took 7hrs of riding/filming sorry dibbs

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

yup, nicely shot and edited together Andy

Andy_K

rather enjoyed those – the static shots broke up all the usual helmet cam stuff. Worth persevering with but perhaps edit the two into one of 3 or 4 mins?

Did think about that. No one in media would think twice about hashing up the chronological order to make a better film. I did mix it up a little, but as i was filming as i went round, it ended up being edited more or less in order.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Andy, nice mate – although I’d ditch the cheesy transition effects and maybe include a less helmet cam footage. It’s quite jarring when you go from pretty good quality stable shot to shaky poor quality headcam.

The music didn’t do it for me either but that’s a taste thing.

Overall though, liked it and been meaning to do a film of my own at some point…

matt_outandabout

I liked them – nice one 😀

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Yep, enjoyed those, well done!

Did you have a second rider to pick up the camera after your passing shots or have to turn around and go back again – bit of a faff?

Quite enjoyed the music too, makes a change not to have the ‘metal, thrash, rap’ assult on the ears.

Why can’t they make a decent action cam with that sort of quality video – you get the ATC5K that looks like it records through Rolf Harris’s wobble board, or the GoPro Hero thing which, basically, looks like what you’ve done there anyway!? 😕

zaskar
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

Nicely done – But what Gary Lake said-music was off and the cam maybe on the bike bars might be more stable.

The angle footage of you riding was really good.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Well you managed to convey all the thrills and excitement of xc right there. Music I thought was especially apt.

stratobiker
    Free Member

I really enjoyed those. Well done.
    I think I liked the first one best.

How long did they take?

…and when I saw the camera at the end of the 2nd vid! Terific work.

SB
    PS – I’m inspired. I have a Canon powershot. I’m gonna go tape it to my helmet now!!!!! 😉

Andy_K

Cheers for the comments guys, will try and address a couple before i go for a ride!

although I’d ditch the cheesy transition effects and maybe include a less helmet cam footage

Yeah, the helmet cam section was too long, but without enough single features to highlight, i got stuck for footage in the editing. I was just messing with the transitions, thats why i don’t use them every time.

Did you have a second rider to pick up the camera after your passing shots or have to turn around and go back again – bit of a faff?

Correct, faff central, especially for longer range shots. 3min files cut down for 10sec of action 😥

Well you managed to convey all the thrills and excitement of xc right there. Music I thought was especially apt.

I think the first one tells the best “story”.

How long did they take?

…and when I saw the camera at the end of the 2nd vid! Terific work.

Took and afternoon each, and an evening editing/posting to the net. Camera is a Powershot A95 i think. Does 30fps video so thats good enough!
    I’m too broke to buy any new gear.

Pook

It’s a time consuming thing isn’t it?! It helps if you’re with mates who don’t mind your constant direction…

I’ve just done these two from the weekend, and I’ve still got a long way to go

day one
    day two

With more riders you get more outtakes – I don’t have a viewfinder either so some of the shots were “place camera and hope”

Andy_K

Great work Pook, you had a great weekend for it. +1 on the Seasick Steve too 😀

jedi

cut it harder. when rider enter andn exits.
    cut to beats too

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘First attempt at ride video.’ is closed to new replies.