Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Firefox search box going to Google.com, want .co.uk
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Using Firefox 35 (downloaded from https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new/) and Search box in top right corner is set to Google. I am happy searching with Google.

When I type ‘smoke alarm’ it comes up with some smoke alarms for sale in UK stores. But I then click on ‘Shopping’ and it goes to google.com Shopping with US stores and prices in dollars. Useless.

My homepage is set to google.co.uk and when I do same search and then Shopping it shows UK stores and prices.

What can I do to make the Search box send me to google.co.uk?

iolo
    Free Member

Set Google.co.uk as a bookmark and use that

Cougar

There’s a simple patch you can download to fix Firefox. You can get it here.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

When you click through into Shopping, on the top left hand side, it should show you your location. With a ‘Change’ link underneath.

Failing that, type about:config into the address bar and hit enter. It will warn you to be careful (be careful). It will list the config options with a search bar at the top. Search for ‘browser.search’, and in the list displayed, you should see browser.search.isUS, this should be false. Then have a look at the browser.search.order settings it should tell you what the search engines are. Number 1 should be Google. You can change this to Google.co.uk if you want, and see if this give a better result.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Firefox search box going to Google.com, want .co.uk’ is closed to new replies.