Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Finisterre Clothing any good or alternatives?
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hello looking for a new insulated jacket or gillet and wondered if anyone had/used finisterre clothing and especially Etobicoke MkIII jacket?
    Any alternatives out there>
    Rab Generator Vest

Thanks

TooTall
    Free Member

For those too cool for Boden and too wealthy for Howies.

Rab get my money these days.

vondally
    Free Member

😆

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Used to work with them for clothing rather than money, so got loads of their kit – all very good. Well fitted so not for fat basts but all works very well indeed. It is pricey though – handy to wait for frequent sales.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

£90 for that jacket in the sale looks pretty good and makes it a similar price to Rab generator. They do seem to have a very good reputation. I’m quite liking the Matanuska jacket for work.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

SJ – I have one. It’s really good – smartish yet decent looking too.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

That’s what I was looking for, a smarter waterproof for work etc that doesn’t look too outdoorsy. Just emailed them about sizing and got a reply back in 10 minutes.

househusband

I’ve had a Matanuska for several months; bought one when they halved the price in the sale! Fantastic jacket, wear it more than anything else at the moment. Not waterproof, but showerproof – will retreat with Nikwax when the time comes.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

SJ – customer service is very good. I know Tom, the founder, fairly well – top bloke.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Tell me about it, I was between sizes so they offered to send me one of each (but pay for just 1) and send one back.

Order is in…. reading STW can, indeed, be dangerous to your wallet!

CraigW
    Free Member

For an alternative insulated jacket: Keela Belay jacket
    You can get it for about £50 or so online. Its also Primaloft, and it is very warm.

vondally
    Free Member

Thanks Had a keela belay, was very warm and for the price excellent but alas no more hence the need for a new one

Impresssed by the other of 2 jackets and send one back

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Finisterre Clothing any good or alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.