• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by bol.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Finished my Tarmac SL4
  • bol

After a winter of gradually collecting bits – and getting a bit carried away – the time has come to stop tinkering and take it outside. Objective now is to get fit enough to lose a couple of spacers by the summer. 😀

I know the drive could do with some attention.

boblo
    Free Member

Bit bright for me but very nice build 🙂

bol

It’s a bit bright for me too to be honest, but the wheels and frame were both too much of a bargain to pass up. I worry slightly that it writes cheques my legs can’t cash.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sweet ride.

I’ve found that jersey you were after btw…

bol

Now that, I like. Have you got a link?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Tarmac’s are lovely and ride really well. Mine is a few years old now but still love it. Can’t wait for the weather to change so it can come out of hibernation. 🙂 Roval wheels ride really well too.

winterfold
    Free Member

Nice – pity you ran out of money and had to borrow th cassette off your mtb though 😯 😛

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

very nice, personally i’d prefer black, but i’d ride it. a tarmac is the frame i fancy to replace my scott cr sl at some stage.

what are the wheels btw?

bol

I’ve had the frame and wheels since last summer, and have been amazed by how well they’ve ridden. I’ve been amazed by how stiff but comfortable it’s been. It’s only now that I’ve treated it to a flash groupset and finishing kit. It was nice with my old 105 on it, but this is the first time I’ve had sram on a road bike and can’t get over how good the shifters feel. The mechanical precision is like I imagine an old Ferrari gear shift to feel.

bol

Nice – pity you ran out of money and had to borrow th cassette off your mtb though

Ha. That’s an 11-25, and may end up 11-28. I was going for an 11-32 with a wifli mech, but the LBS wouldn’t let me. 😀 I’m not sure I’m man enough for the standard double up front on decent hills with a more macho 11-23. In fact I’m pretty sure I’m not.

personally i’d prefer black

Me too, but that would have cost me a lot more, as they only do that in S-Works flavour, and the spangly one was going cheap.

what are the wheels btw?

They’re Roval Rapide SL45s. The stickers are under the lacquer before anyone asks! 🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

hover over, right click, view image info to see URL of site it was on.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Nice toy.

I went to the Alpes with a 11-25 which was fine but the UK I find the hills are a lot shorter but a lot steeper. Standard double with a 11-28 covers just about all the gears you will need.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Nice gruppo, just ordered a De Rosa with full red on it a few days ago, can’t wait to get it. The 105 on my deceased bike was the only bit I didn’t like about, glad to hear you found the jump to Red a positive 🙂

bol

hover over, right click, view image info to see URL of site it was on.

Sorry, was being lazy. Doesn’t work from an iPhone but I should have just googled it. I think I’m going to have to be stealthy black to compensate.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Finished my Tarmac SL4’ is closed to new replies.