Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • fingerless gloves with good gel padding…
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

ok im after some gloves for my road bike (drop handlebars), i need some good gel protective gloves for the base of thumb area (is this called (heel of hand area) … been riding my road bike for 8 weeks now and feel i need some extra protection at the base of thumb area…few years ago i had a pot on my thumb from ahairline fracture so this area is weaker…. doesnt bother me much when on mountain bike but is alittle more painfull when on road bike as my hands are in different positions using drop handlebars…
    any suggestions girls for decent gel padded gloves… 😉 :mrgreen:

wwaswas

look at specialized – they pay more attention to padding than most I’ve found. I woudl try them on and see how they feel on a bike in the shop before you buy, though, to make sure the padding is int he right place for you.

pedalhead
    Free Member

yep, agree on Specialized, definitely big on padding.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

specialized BG pro. couldn’t get any last time i needed a pair and ended up with Altura which are truly awful. The gel is far too thick and makes the problem worse. If only i could find the right hand BG pro of my pair 🙁

B_Leach
    Free Member

+1 for spesh BG Pros. Can’t fault mine at all

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Definitely Specialized.

They take a bit of getting used to but after a few rides they become very comfy. I’ve tried loads of gloves for my road bike and these are by far the best I’ve worn.

Would advise trying before you but though as you don’t want them too loose in the palm.

elaineanne
    Free Member

any ratings on Gore bike wear (summer fingerless gloves-just that it says gel padding on heal of hand…. yeah i guess its best to try a few…thanx… 😉

resisted
    Free Member

I’ve been using giro monacos for the last couple of years, really comfy and good quality to boot

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘fingerless gloves with good gel padding…’ is closed to new replies.