• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Finger pain, bike set-up problem maybe?
  • Potdog
    Free Member

Just recently I’ve started to suffer from pretty intense pain in my little finger of my left hand towards the end of rides, it can last for a couple of days. It seems to be around the joints of the finger and remains just as a “tenderness” to the touch.

I don’t remember picking up any knocks or injuries, so do you think it could be set-up or something.

I’ve not changed anything recently, I did start with some new gloves which didn’t have the ulnar nerve padding, but I swapped back to the old BG gloves a while ago and it doesn’t seem to have alleviated things.

Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

Cheers.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Do you wear a ring on the finger? I was getting unbearable throbbing in my finger joints after rough downhills and started taking off my rings (I only have two, I’m not that Eastend gangsta/chavvie). Straight away, the pain went. Long shot, but just thought I’d mention it…

Potdog
    Free Member

No, no rings, but it is worst after rough DH rides.

sharki
    Free Member

try ergon grips or a fatter grip, could be palm pressure..

Do you brake with two fingers??
    Is so you’re gripping with the two smaller fingers, this could be a factor….if you’ve been doing this for a while you may of caused a slight condition….

haddock
    Free Member

I’d second that, ergon grips have made a big difference for me – used to get a lot of pain for days around the base of my fingers – dont now though. Strange its just in your little finger though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Finger pain, bike set-up problem maybe?’ is closed to new replies.