Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Finding out previous property owners?
  • mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I wonder if anyone can help please, I’m looking to find out the previous owner of a property, it was owned from the early nineties until 2005/6. I know the land registry can do it but I wanted to find out quickly if possible. It is for a genuine reason. Does anybody know how to find out??
    Thank you

somouk
    Free Member

Speaking with the neighbours might be the best bet depending on how far that person has moved they may still be in touch.

andyl
    Free Member

electoral role and hope you can find out where they moved to. try 192.com

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I should tell you a bit more, I think the house was rented out by the owner in this period.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Basically we suspect the owner was renting the house out fraudulently using my grandmothers name as the owner to avoid tax.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Have you tried talking to the income tax people?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

No, no I haven’t is quite a complicated situation. I have a solicitors letter/invoice detailing the address and withmy grandmother’s name as the owner but she has never owned the property. The solicitor in question is no longer in business. I have my suspicions as to the culprits bit need evidence of the ownership to ensure it wasn’t a mistake by the solicitor.
    Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Finding out previous property owners?’ is closed to new replies.