• This topic has 54 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by 69er.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Finders fee offered…
  • 69er
    Free Member

Mustn't weaken….

Chevin
    Free Member

Seriously, this was one of the 1st 2009 Gary Fisher 29ers to sell out! As mentioned I got Trek to pull us some from Europe and I'm pretty sure we got one from the US.

I have a 2009 19" Paragon, if you can loose a few inches off your legs.

Just had a 2010 Paragon go out. White bottle cages fitted, looked very nice [/end borat voice}

Matthew 😆

aracer
    Free Member

available on the cyclescheme, and it's not (even if they had one) because Pedal On only do bikes up to £1000 retail value and do not allow the customer to 'top up'

Ah, so you're actually after a shop who'll not only do cyclescheme, but also break the rules.

neilb67
    Free Member
    BluePalomino
    Free Member

Ah, so you're actually after a shop who'll not only do cyclescheme, but also break the rules.

It's such a great business proposition he should print up some A4s and sellotape them to lamposts 🙄

69er
    Free Member

What's your point?

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Result!
    from the Swinnertons website
    "Due to restrictions on Trek Bikes, Gary Fisher Bikes & Mirraco Bikes it is no longer possible to post these bikes with a courier to your door. It is still possible to purchase these bikes through the website but must be collected from the store in Stoke-on-Trent, or we can arrange hand delivery of the bicycle fully built and ready to ride. We are happy to fiddle the Government's Cycle2Work scheme and 'sell the bike' for £999.99 for a fiddle fee of just £50."

bigyinn
    Free Member

lol

69er
    Free Member

I think you've missed the point…. btu if it keeps you happy, fill yer boots!

BluePalomino
    Free Member

woah! so cyclescheme finances bikes over a grand? 😳 move over i want one too.

69er
    Free Member

They finance upto a grand and all the shops locally are happy for you to top up with cash.

I only foound out when ringing round for the above mentioned that this is not strictly supposed to happen. It's to do with liability if you and your employer part company.

All I was after was to locate an actual bike, somewhere in the country! All I got was lots of web pages with pictures on. I tried touching them but they're not real 😕

Rockhopper
    Free Member

My understanding is that in the past few days CycleScheme have been contacting their participating dealers and telling them not to exceed the £1k limit unless the employer has a consumer credit licence.

Chevin
    Free Member

We have been told very clearly by Cyclescheme that there is no problem at all with topping up beyond the £1000……… However you cannot put more than £1000 on the quote if the company does not have a consumer credit license. If they do then they can set the limit wherever they want.

Matthew.

kona_ona – Still not fallen for the stunning metalic blue two tone paint? White bikes are so last year!! 😆

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Oi.

I got a bike from the Halfords Cycletowork scheme. Most I could spend was £1000, but I'm sure I work for an outfit with a consumer credit licence. Well, RBS, perhaps after Sirfreds antics, they've had it withdrawn!

Must admit, thinking about one of those new Orange R8's myself.

69er
    Free Member

Chevin – love the sheer determination but no the 2010 paint scheme is MINGING 😯

Would the cyclescheme thing work if you paid £1000 for the bike and £300 cash for one of the valve caps f'rinstance?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Finders fee offered…’ is closed to new replies.