Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Find me a reason not to want a Jeffsy
  • orangespyderman

I have a Trek Superfly that I enjoy for most of the kind of riding I do (forest trails, mostly, no bike parks, no uplifts), it’s tweaked and upgraded and I’m really quite fond of it.

Recently I’ve been lusting after a Jeffsy. I can’t really justify it. In fact, I can’t justify it at all, but that CF Pro 29 looks like a lot of bike for the money and I can’t help but feel it would be a nice alternative for some of the more gnar stuff I do (infrequently, admittedly), whilst remaining quite manageable even on the uphills. I realise that I’m just making all this up, and it’s just basic N+1.

Can anyone find some good reasons I should stop staring at their website like some teenage lad in behind the bikesheds with a fap mag in his hands?

Much obliged.

JackHammer

It will break and you’ll have to send it/bits of it back to YT.

lewis75
    Free Member

I disagree. I’ve owned 3 YT’s and not had a single problem. I’m lusting after a Jeffsy too.
    If you want it and it’ll make you happy buy it 🙂

kayak23

Apart from the silly name, there is no reason not to buy it I’m afraid.

Trimix
    Free Member

Sorry – given the price of it and its spec not to mention the good reviews it gets – you will not come up with a valid reason not go get one.

orangespyderman

Thanks JackHammer. As for the rest of you – you’re not being very helpful 😆

Now, if I were to buy one, I’m guessing an M. I’m about 5’8 (teeny bit over), and my inseam is about 32″. Curiously that puts me right at the bottom of the chart for an L if I look at feet & inches, but I’m 1.73m (in real money) which is below the bottom of the L size if I look in modern measurements (it says L starts at 1m75). Methinks their sizing table is a bit inaccurate in its cm/feet and inches conversions.

Instinctively, I’d be surprised at needing an L – but do they size up weird or anything?

Leku
    Free Member

It’s Imperial metric!!

ie 5’6″ is 5.5′

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=189473

orangespyderman

It’s Imperial metric!!

ie 5’6″ is 5.5′

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=189473Right – gotcha. Wow, that’s messed up 🙂 Anyway, guessing an M is where it’s at then.

creagbhan

I’m 5’7″ with 30″ inseam and the M is spot on for me, with the seatpost fully inserted(in the seat tube).

zer0cool
    Free Member

Get one, keep the Superfly as your bike to mess around on and Jeffsy for weekend riding.
    Im not far off deciding the 27 version is my next bike, this changes weekly, but I really like it.

Creagbhan, im around same size as you. Do you use the dropper at all, or does it stay in lowest position all the time?

davosaurusrex

Customer service is terrible and they’re too short. Apparently. Does that help?

creagbhan

Creagbhan, im around same size as you. Do you use the dropper at all, or does it stay in lowest position all the time?

I use the reverb a lot. I just meant the outer sleeve is as far in the seat tube as it will go.

orangespyderman

Customer service is terrible and they’re too short. Apparently. Does that help?

You’re certainly trying, and for that, thank you 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

Nope, in my experience the customer service I got was very good.

MSP

Customer service is terrible and they’re too short

How short are we talking here? Are they dwarfs?

davosaurusrex

By Aryan standards yes they are. Average height of YT employees is 6’5″. Fact.

scruff9252

.It’s Imperial metric!!

This is a good reason not to buy. Don’t encourage the use of that ridiculous measurement form.

sirromj

it’s got the shittest name in the history of cycling. fact.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Sorry, just can’t think of one. Time to get the card out

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

No availability of the fancy models in xl until june is the biggest downside I can see.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

it’s got the shittest name in the history of cycling. fact.

Surely Cove Bikes have that trophy on permanent display?

orangespyderman

OK – well MrsSpyderMan has kinda agreed as long as I find a solution that means I can stop leaving my run-to-the-station bike in front of the door. That means some replacement for the existing little plastic cabin. She doesn’t realise this will add expense to a project that probably already costs more than she would expect, but who am I to question an order? 8)

I’m off to google little shed like things for the yard.

mcnultycop

I want a Jeffsy.

jonnyboi

It has some bizarre head angle/BB height trickery and many, many other huge design flaws that I shall not go into at this juncture

mudmonster
    Free Member

I know nothing about this bike but the name alone has put me off wanting to know.

jakehinton
    Free Member

I’d be tempted by the 27.5 version if it wasn’t for the bloody stupid name!

flashinthepan
    Free Member

jonnyboi – Member

It has some bizarre head angle/BB height trickery and many, many other huge design flaws that I shall not go into at this juncture

You planning on spilling the beans once orangespyderman has shelled out £3K plus?

copa
    Free Member

The name.
    The price.
    The marketing.
    The fact that it looks daft.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

copa – Member

The name.
    The price.
    The marketing.
    The fact that it looks daft.

Odd response.

What’s in a name?

Price? Yes it’s a lot of money – but I can’t think of too many similar carbon framed, Eagle /Fox equiped bikes for £3.4K

Marketing? Is it all BS from every manufacturer.

Looks. Well I like it as does the OP I imagine. Presumably you don’t. Your point is?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Can anyone find some good reasons I should stop staring at their website like some teenage lad in behind the bikesheds with a fap mag in his hands?

It’ll make you go blind.

Seriously, just stop looking at it, if you’d rather not end up buying it. You’ve got a bike. There are zillions of other bikes. You don’t have to choose one to lust after next until you’re definitely sick of your current bike. Spend your time looking at different sorts of bikes, or destinations to visit, or skills it might be good to have, or training techniques.

If you know you’re going to buy it and you’re fine with that, then embrace it. But buying it isn’t an inevitable response to it existing, it’s a choice. And there are loads of other choices you can make instead. 🙂

6079smithw
    Free Member

– 1x is rubbish
    – SRAM can’t be trusted for gears or brakes
    – Fox forks are way too high maintenance
    – carbon has no place in non-race use
    – YT pay Gwin lots of money
    – Onza tyres? Is this the frickin 90s?
    – It’ll get lost in the post if it ever gets despatched
    – you could buy a cheaper bike and give the money saved to charity
    – something carbon footprint something
    – steel is real, buy a Cotic RocketMAX

wicki
    Free Member

What’s a Jeffsy preciuosss

orangespyderman

steel is real, buy a Cotic RocketMAX

I have to admit I cheated on the Jeffsy last night by spending quite a bit of time on the cotic website…

kayak23

Get a demo sorted with Sam at Cotic then!

jonnyboi

You planning on spilling the beans once orangespyderman has shelled out £3K plus?

Probably. Not

orangespyderman

Get a demo sorted with Sam at Cotic then!

I’m in France so I’m expecting that to be non-trivial or impossible…

molgrips
    Free Member

Is it not just a normal trail bike?

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Find me a reason not to want a Jeffsy’ is closed to new replies.