Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Find me a 26" HT in xs/s with discs for £400
  • weeksy

For my wee boy.

Something for his XC racing please

weeksy

Thanks.

But no. Rigid, possibly too big.

transporter13
    Free Member

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332182939905

Any good?

matt_outandabout

If you can be faffed, I have Cannondale F900SL in xs/12.5″ flavour, in need of new folks and headset to replace goosed headshock.
    Comes with old skool Hope mini’s and 5 bolt wheels.
    No gears.
    £50 plus postage.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/5-or-free-clear-outcannondale-f900-rs-revalations-hope-shimano-sram-giant

weeksy

Transporter, not bad, looking at the BB area I’m seeing neglect, the cable brakes are ok as we have spares etc. All in, it’s not bad and on my watch list

Matt, whilst not a complex project, I’ll have to look into options, i assume straight steerer and 9mm wheel?

poltheball
    Free Member

If you want to buy new, have a look at the Laura Trott MTB1 from Halfords. Currently going for 350quid if there’s any left, cracking spec on it for the money. Just remove the decals and he’ll never know…

My wife’s got one and loves it. 27.5″ wheels mind.

TomB

I’ve gone 27.5 cube hardtail frame from bike discount, built with 26″forks and wheels. My lad is 9. Frame was 70€.

matt_outandabout

Matt, whilst not a complex project, I’ll have to look into options, i assume straight steerer and 9mm wheel?

Needs step down headset, so could be straight or tapered.
    Wheels standard QR. Hubs are Cannondale/Sachs Quartz.

It’s is a faffy project, don’t expect otherwise, hence the £50. But it’s a seriously light frame.

Jason
    Free Member

This thread has reminded me that I had one of my wife’s old frames in the loft.

I built it up as a spare race bike for her a few years ago, but it was rarely used. It is in good condition with just a few small marks in the frame.

15″ BeOne Karma frame (I can’t remember the weight, but I remember it being surprisingly light)
    Reba SL forks – these haven’t been used for several years so would probably need a service.
    USE Sumo seatpost. Used on several bike before.
    Ritchey cranks 170mm (3 speed but I am sure could be single ring). These have also been used on a previous bike.
    The other bits on it are probably obsolete as it is 3×9, and I am sure the Avid brakes are dead, as they were never good to start with.

£150 collected. I live near Frimley.

Let me know if you want any more details.

weeksy

Hi.
    Thanks for that, certainly food for thought that one.

Possibly a crazy option and shattering the budget? too, but this new Whyte seems great

https://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/80779/Whyte_403_26Inch_2017_Kids_Bike

I’m waiting to see if there’s interest in booking another race before making a decision on what to do. If he’s just wanting a bike to use in the close, then sod it, he can keep his CUBE.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Find me a 26" HT in xs/s with discs for £400’ is closed to new replies.