• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Joe.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Financial Services selling…
  • Joe

…i bought an insurance policy which it turned out came with legal cover and break down cover.

I cancelled the policy within a few days (22nd of june when i had taken it out on the 10th)…

…the insurer are refusing to pay back the legal cover fee for the year or the break down cover. Is this correct? I thought they would be subject to a 14 day protection aswell?

bigsi
    Free Member

Doubtful if, as i expect it will be, its classed as seperate to the actual insurance policy, prob be classed as a bolt on. If it is a bolt on then i doubt it would be covered by the same regulations as the actual insurance cover and so not subject to the 14 day cooling off period.

Check the small print and if nothing in there to help then lodge a complaint with the insurance company/brokerage who set it up for you.

rocket
    Free Member

As above – these add on policies are not FSA regulated so won't technically come within the 14 day cooling off. Having said that, its a pretty ropey company that tries to d1ck you on this point, even if it is in the small print. A pretty firmly worded complaint, with a hint of taking to the Financial Ombudsman (the next step) if not sorted to your satisfaction, should sort it if the company values their reputation. Having said that, if its one of the small ones that are always at the top on price comparison sites, you'll be amazed at how little shame they have trying to get you with stealth charges (e.g fees to cancel WITHIN 14 days, or to cancel the HP agreement if you pay monthly). And they have no brand to protect if you start making a fuss. Care to name them?

Joe

I wont bother yet. But they want to refund me £23 for cover lasting about 7 days and took around £170

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Financial Services selling…’ is closed to new replies.