Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Finally made the choice……now, what size?
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

I have finally made the choice of moving to Nobby Nics (taken flippin ages to decide) – but I have a CB Iodine wheelset which prefers tyres from 2.3 up, however this is on a 21mm rim width – so my question is…..

Do NN’s come up big, i.e. should I go for 2.1 or do they come up small and go for the 2.25?

Sorry for the question – but Ive never used Schwalbe before.

mboy
    Free Member

What frame/fork, tyre clearance might be an issue possibly?

Assuming not, then 2.25’s for sure… They’re not massive for a 2.25, and the extra width doesn’t have much of a weight penalty iirc

peteimpreza

The forks are Pike Coil U-Turns

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Frame/Fork clearance not an issue – I have 2.35 Minions on there at the moment (which I hate and am selling!).

Thanks for info on sizing – appreciated!

ltheisinger
    Free Member

peteimpreza – Member

The forks are Pike Coil U-Turns

Close….mine are Pike 454 Dual Air U-Turn (yours went on my mates bike!)

coogan
    Free Member

I’d go 2.25 which if I remember right are similar in sized to the Minions. Mind you, I’d keep the Minions, Nobby Nics were the worst tyre I ever used.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

coogan – Member

I’d go 2.25 which if I remember right are similar in sized to the Minions. Mind you, I’d keep the Minions, Nobby Nics were the worst tyre I ever used.

I got to try them! The Minions are just heavy, slow and only ‘ok’ for grip. I have tried Maxxis Advantage, Maxxis Minion’s, Maxxis High Roller which were ok on the SC VP Free, but on my now more AM bike the dual ply would be too heavy and the single ply ones just look/feel ‘flimsey’), WTB Prowler & Hutchinson Toro.

So not exactly just tried one and now it is starting to get expensive!

coogan
    Free Member

I use single ply Highrollers all the time on both my bikes. They ain’t flimsy, been slapped about the Alps a few times. But then, I like ’em and hate the Nobby Nics, everyone is different!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Finally made the choice……now, what size?’ is closed to new replies.