Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Finally finished ….. Orange 5 29er.
  • renton
    Free Member

Right here it is ….

Finally finished building it up with a temporary cockpit set up so I can play with bar width and seat layback.

First cursory ride around the block and it feels good. Almost as though you are in the bike rather than on it if that makes sense.

Despite how heavy it is it really doesn’t pedal like it weight suggests it should a d gets up to speed quite quickly.

Still playing with fork and shock pressures but can’t feel any Bob etc.

I do have a bit of top out knocking and a clunk on compression on the fork though if anyone has come across that before.

Comments welcome as always.

Oh and I think it looks much better with the gold decals as it should have.

everyone
    Free Member

Looks tidy that. Hope you get on with it!

And in true STW style:
    Tyre logos aren’t aligned.
    Didn’t you know you’ll die with that triple.
    You’ll not be able to descend without dying because you’ve not got a dropper.

etc. etc.

matt_outandabout

Your fence is in urgent need of some stain.

Ace looking bike.

nairnster
    Free Member

I will say what a lot are probably thinking. Pics of you on the bike to see how it fits.

bullheart
    Free Member

Is that a bald patch on your grass? Tsk…

steve_b77
    Free Member

That must be massive if it’s a 29’er

renton
    Free Member

To answer the questions…

Not my fence.

Dog wee killing grass so trying to reseed.

Bike is a large so 19″. Same ett as my trance but for some reason it already seems a better fit ? Very long wheelbase.

Wally

10/10 for perseverance Renton, looks a much better fit than the Trance. Enjoy.

renton
    Free Member

Cheers.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I hope to all the gods in the universe that it fits, definitely looks good.

bearnecessities

Do the right thing..

renton
    Free Member

I hope it fits to.

I have a few niggles with it that I’ve contacted the previous owner about namely some play in the frame bearings and also a bit of clunking from the fork. Hopefully he will come good.

jamesross
    Free Member

That looks super and the 29 inch wheels really need the large frame to look right. My Alpine Five is also a large and fits perfectly. I have always had medium frames in the past but I have no issues with the large. Looking forward to your thoughts once you have put it through its paces!

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Looks nice mate. I’m jealous 🙂

singlespeedstu

Comments welcome as always.

Get rid of that big ring before it stabs you in the leg.
    Put more importance on how it rides than changing the stickers.

Oh and put some plugs in the end of your bars before they try and take a sample of you.
    Last one is serious BTW.

renton
    Free Member

I’ve got some new grips and bar plugs going on tomorrow 🙂

ton

looks like the right kind and size of bike to suit a man of you size and stature.
    perfect.

nickc

that looks ace, love the colour scheme.

go and get it dirty

angeldust
    Free Member

I always felt the ‘in the bike, rather than on it’ with the 5 too. It will be great to descend and corner on, but in my experience will climb like a pig. Enjoy.

renton
    Free Member

To be fair I’m not the best climber anyway so probably won’t notice any different.

CheesybeanZ

2p worth – loose the big ring and fit a bash guard , needs a dropper post -2p worth
    I’ve had a trance and 3 fives in the past and you definitely feel in the five compared to on the trance .
    Enjoy 🙂

renton
    Free Member

Cheers cheesy.

As I’ve said all the cockpit is temp.

Need to figure out if I need a dropper with layback or not.

rOcKeTdOg

Just don’t climb out of the saddle if you don’t like a Bobtastic ride, otherwise looks good apart from the bent top tube

renton
    Free Member

Another photo just because I think its ace!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Looks as good as anything else I’ve ever seen on here. Apart from my old fashioned thing.

JoeG
    Free Member

Needs a dropper +1!

dan86
    Free Member

Looks great! Tried playing with the rebound to get rid of the top out knock? Mine did the same ’til i slowed them down a bit.

rickon
    Free Member

A clunk\twang halfway down is normal too. Its the negative spring plate, Tftuned have tried very hard to elimate it, but struggle to, its just normal, and you don’t notice it when riding.

rOcKeTdOg

And if you ride any where Rocky you’ll need ear defenders, they are not stealthy noise wise

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Finally finished ….. Orange 5 29er.’ is closed to new replies.