Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Finale Ligure – Italy
  • growinglad
    Free Member

I don’t suppose anyone has ridden around Finale?

A few of us are thinking of heading there for a long weekend (we’ll be driving down).

Any tips on routes, places to stay/eat?

Cheers,

GL.

Tracey

We have been a few times and always stayed on the Tahiti campsite. It’s worthwhile using one of the guiding, uplift company’s to get the most out of it. We use Finale Freeride as they have access to some private land.

Sam

I have been a few times for the 24h rave and done some extra riding in the area. Amazing trails and highly recommended in general. Haven’t used the uplift/guiding services per se but iirc Riviera Bike are involved with the organisation and always seem sound guys who come recommended by others.

nickdavies

Amazing riding, bike hotels (google) are great as you can get good accommodation and food, uplift etc. Eat on the seafront and there are a few decent value hotel options like medusa.

I’ve camped before but fancy a fly and hotel option next time. Trail riding is brilliant, id echo the comments of guiding especially for a long weekend, but with some more time and if your happy pedalling exploring is great. We did the classics but went off the old xc maps too and a bit of nose following and although probably 75% of what we found was overgrown and hard to follow the few trails that were good were brilliant, and they weren’t on the regular stuff.

Although my number one reccomendation, don’t drive down for a long weekend. It’s a bloody long way… if your driving do a week at least.

Also don’t go in high summer, cracking destination for early spring/late autumn when it’s a bit more grisly here. I drove over from the alps in July a couple of years ago and it’s just too hot and too busy. The first 4 days were spent ill with heatstroke and the beach was rammed!

growinglad
    Free Member

Thanks very much for the recommendations.

We are actually Swiss based, so drive isn’t an issue.

Yep, we are looking at the beginning of May.

Thanks again,
    GL.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Finale Ligure – Italy’ is closed to new replies.