Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • (Film) The Mummy….anyone else?
  • hora
    Free Member

Everytime its on TV (alot) I always catch whatever part its at and end up watching the rest. Anyone else?!

maccruiskeen

I’ve flicked onto the same scene from iRobot (the scene in the tunnel) more times than I can count. Its always the same point, right at the start of the that scene every time. I got bored of it within 10 mins and I’ve never seen any of the rest of the film.

oldnpastit

I think it’s a bug in the Matrix. I’ll raise a help ticket.

JonBurns
    Free Member

I would have agreed with you up until yesterday afternoon. I watched it from the start and it was one that I’d never seen before.

footflaps

The Mummy is a cracking film, very addictive once you’ve started watching it…

hora
    Free Member

Agree. Its not a film that you talk about etc etc yet its well crafted, non-offensive and endearing.

GrahamS

Did the same with Starship Troopers the other night, which also seems to be on a lot. Terrible/great film depending on how you look at it. 😀

Kuco

Starship Troopers so cheesy its good 🙂

Got the boxset of the Mummy, great film.

footflaps

Starship Troopers is one of my guilty pleasures – another cracking trashy action film. I really like all the self piss takes eg the one armed, no legged recruitment guy saying ‘The Mobile Infantry made me the man I am today’ etc etc

cynic-al
    Free Member

No, the Mummy is utter crap.

Starship Troopers is about 98% irony.

GrahamS

That’s why I like it.

On one level it’s just a cheesy crappy B movie.

On deeper level it is a self-aware slightly tongue-in-cheek B movie tribute.

On a deeper level still it makes lots of snide comments about (mainly American) military, propaganda and war.

CaptJon
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member
    I’ve flicked onto the same scene from iRobot (the scene in the tunnel) more times than I can count. Its always the same point, right at the start of the that scene every time. I got bored of it within 10 mins and I’ve never seen any of the rest of the film.

I’d guess you flicked over each time because what you were watching had finished or had gone to break. Therefore, i’d guess the tunnel scene is half an hour or an hour into the film. Maybe.

atlaz
    Free Member

I have The Mummy on DVD and still watch it on TV when it’s on and I stumble across it. It’s just a good adventure film, nothing complicated, nothing requiring thinking.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Missed it, shame. Needs to be on TV more often

JoB
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

i saw Starship Troopers in an American cinema, at the end the audience stood up and clapped, it was quite scary, Americans don’t do irony

RustySpanner

Yep, love The Mummy – good old fashioned, Indiana Jones type fun.

And I love Starship Troopers too, one of the most subversive American films I’ve ever seen.

I would also like to think Independance Day (which I love) is also ironic and clever, but I think I might just be trying a bit to hard there. 🙂

Watched ‘The Machinist’ for the first time last night – wow, what an excellent film, can’t believe I’ve managed to avoid it until now.

rocketman
    Free Member

Quite like Rachel Wiesz and Denise Richards I could watch both of them all day

cynic-al
    Free Member

And I love Starship Troopers too, one of the most subversive American films I’ve ever seen.

But Verhoeven is from Netherlands…

RustySpanner

So are all Hitchcock’s films British then Al? 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have the hots for Rachael W. Mummy II is slightly better in this respect.

maccruiskeen

I would also like to think Independance Day (which I love) is also ironic and clever, but I think I might just be trying a bit to hard there.

When it first came out I watched Independence Day in a cinema in Edinburgh about 3 weeks in to the Edinburgh festival. The point in the summer season where edinburgh natives have just about reached the point where they are sick to death of american tourists. I’ve never known a film get heckled so much, it was hilarious. One long, collective, cathartic venting of spleen.

hora
    Free Member

Edinburgh Natives?

We’ve got the London lot moving here now. Around my way all I’ve been over-hearing in the pub is house prices, what someone drives and property (BBC lot). ****.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Quite like Rachel Wiesz and Denise Richards I could watch both of them all day

Just out of interest, what would they be doing to keep your attention all that time?

Big fan of Paul Verhoeven – Robocop is another movie that’s wonderfully OTT in terms of the swipes it takes at the corporate delivery of public services. I suspect it will be a whole lot less funny now given last weeks news.

hora
    Free Member

Ha! I thought of the OC Corporation when I saw that on the news!!

mrben100
    Free Member

The Mummy – yep always watch. Usually with the comment to the other half – ‘oh I don’t know if I’ve seen this’ – much to her annoyance.

The one for me however is National Treasure with Nicholas Cage – always like films with a tenuous link to factual events.

This is helped by my embarrassing lack of knowledge of history and what is fact/fiction.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

rocketman
    Free Member

Just out of interest, what would they be doing to keep your attention all that time?

anything I’m not fussy

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Did the same with Starship Troopers the other night

+1

Great film. The sequel was astonishingly bad.

saleem
    Free Member

We’ve the Mummy on DVD and yet for some strange reason the other half has recorded it onto the Sky HD 🙄

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘(Film) The Mummy….anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.