Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fight club – On One 456 vs Orange Pure 7 frames – which one?
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

As the title suggests, I’m looking at hardtail frames right now and I’ve seen a tempting offer on the Orange. How do they compare? Can I safely fit my spare Pikes or the Pure 7 or am I barking up the wrong tree thinking this might make a suitable all day bike?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well the C456 is £299 at the moment, and I really rate the Steel one, the Ti one is even better to ride (if not for reliability) so hopefully the C456 will be somewhere between the two (teel price, titanium weight and a nice ride).

satchm00
    Free Member

Both very good frames depends on your budget.

On One have some good sales/bargains, think you’ll struggle to get a brand new P7 at discount.

The 456 might take longer travel forks too over the P7.

Kuco

I had a P7 and couldn’t get on with it, it just felt odd so I sold the frame and got a 456 which i’m very happy with. But plenty on here who rate their P7’s.

chakaping
    Free Member

C456 would take yr pikes fine and would be a great all day ride with its light weight and comfy carbonness.

fenred
    Free Member

OP- If the deal on the Orange you’ve seen is through bikescene it’s the Pure7 not the P7.

godzilla
    Free Member

P7 Pure @ Bikscene £199 mine came yesterday, i figure the residual value of a custom colour Orange will be way better than an On-one, i wouldnt want the hassle of the single-speed dropupts the P7 comes with.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yep – I did see that it was the Pure 7. I’ve checked the specs online and according to Orange it’ll take a 140mm fork, so my spare Pikes will be fine.

I just have to tot up the cost of new cranks, wheels, shifters, seatpost and pedals…

coogan
    Free Member

Dialled Alpine. Problem solved.

Riksbar

Got a new 17 inch Pure 7 for £600 if youre interested, sure we could work something out re the forks. E-mail in profile if you’re interested.

rainbow
    Free Member

I would get the carbon 456 due to the weight and the bargain price at the moment.

Del

I had a 456 and couldn’t get on with it, it just felt odd, so I sold the frame and got a P7 which i’m very happy with. But plenty on here who rate their 456’s.
    😉

meehaja
    Free Member

I traded a 456 for a P7. To be honest, the 456 was a great bike and the first hardtail I’d felt properly comfortable on for a long time. Only reason I traded was because I was running SS, and bike to work made it an option (that and I’d always wanted a P7!).

comparison wise, Orange frames hold their value better, probably weigh about the same (as an oil tanker), and ride very similarly.

lucien

1st rule of fight club…….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fight club – On One 456 vs Orange Pure 7 frames – which one?’ is closed to new replies.