Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fife Coastal Path
  • druidh
    Free Member

How suitable for a lightly-laden tourer with 28mm slicks? Any bits definitely to be avoided and how fast/slow will it likely be?

Cheers

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Druidh, I've ridden as far as Elie on my CX bike with no real issues. A couple of mates rode all the way to St Andrews again on CX bikes and rode everything – stairs – drops. There are a lot of gates and stiles further along which could be a pain with panniers.

myheadsashed

Search for Sanny he did it last week so will know current conditions

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eckinspain
    Free Member

this bit looks tricky on a bike

iht4
    Free Member

from what i hear some bits have been washed out in the storms last month. aberdour to burntisland some bits are impassable. haven't been myself so can't guarantee the info.

good luck

Steve_B

Sannies trip

looks a good day

eckinspain
    Free Member

Wow – great set of photos and ridiculously nice weather!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Brilliant photos – no excuses not to do it someday in the near future given that it's almost on my doorstep.

I've only recently realised just how good the riding is here in Fife…

FCP
    Lomonds
    Blairadam
    Pitmedden
    The Dean
    lots of nice local stuff…

Sanny
    Free Member

It's all doable on a crosser. We had the perfect day for it with a great tailwind to boot. The trails are all easily rideable up to Kingsbarns then bits of it have washed away. Expect carrying towards St Andrews. I would fit cross tyres to your touring bike. The Elie Deli is great for a lunch stop and the Anstruther Fish Bar does excellent ice cream. Check out the pics on the link above to see what it is like.
    Cheers
    Sanny

druidh
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll give it a miss this time as it would only be part of a longer tour, so would slow me up and fitting cross tyres wouldn't really be an option. Panniers up and down stairs etc would be a pain too. Looks like a great day out for a one-off though.

I might have to borrow the ARC-X from the shoppe again…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fife Coastal Path’ is closed to new replies.