Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fibrax, Good? Bad?
  • EccentricEllis

What’s good/bad from Fibrax?
    What could improve?
    I’m on a question mission today. 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Good = Sintered pads have good power and last ages.
    Bad = They were a reet pig to fit, had to drill out the hole for the rretaining pin and file off the corners to get them into my Tektro Aurigas, even though the first pair had gone in fine 😕

EccentricEllis

Ok that’s a good start. Pads are great, when they fit. 🙂 Cool.

phiiiiil

I got a whole pile of free pads for my Hayes Nines from SSMM a few years back, they all needed filing before they would fit!

Worked well though once they went in…

ivantate
    Free Member

had a set of pads, fitted fine but wore out in less than a day in dry alpine conditions. Gave them the same break in as normal.

ross980
    Free Member

I run Fibrax sintered with my Shimano bottom of the range OEM brakes (can’t remember the number, think it’s either 525 or 545). I think they’re great, never had any problems with fitting them and they last 10x longer than the normal Shimano ones. I’d definitely recommend them.

Slightly off topic but when I was in Morzine a few years ago I destroyed a set of ‘downhill’ pads in half a days dusty riding (technically my brakes aren’t supposed to be used with sintered), I swapped them out with the Fibrax and they lasted the rest of the week (and summer) without overheating. It’s too late now but ever year at the York Cycle Show Fibrax have a stall selling pads at under half price so I always stock up on them. Even at full price from CRC I think they’re still the best value pads around.

Dickyboy

No so good a fit, work fine & last fine too – good deals on ebay for 4 pairs

bigyinn
    Free Member

Had a few pairs of Sintered on my Shimano M555 brakes. Fitted fine, worked well, and lasted a decent time.
    I’d happily use them again.

carlos
    Free Member

Fit and work fine in my Hopes, they last well to even in the Peak. Get them off thevwmark on the bay as it’s a pretty good deal

sv

Sintered on my Deores 525 (same pad as slx/xt) worked fine, lasted well. Now use SSC sintered instead last as well but cheaper.

EccentricEllis

Any other problems?
    Cables seem good. Anyone used them?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fibrax, Good? Bad?’ is closed to new replies.