Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fiat Panda 100hp – ok for a (small) bike car?
  • acjim
    Free Member

I’m looking to replace my ageing Saab with a sprightly and vaguely economical motor.

I’ve always thought the Panda 100hp looked cool and it gets good reviews.

It’s pretty small though, can you get a bike in the boot without having to take both wheels off?

hora
    Free Member

Personally for that size car I’d rather put it on the roof. You’ll get it in but you’ll graze and scratch it up overtime. It’ll just make a nice looking motor grotty.

gonzy
    Free Member

my mate has a punto as a runaround and we can get 2 bikes and all our kit into it with both wheels off…most likely to be the same for a panda

Daffy

Depends upon the bike. With the seats down, my FS will fit diagonally across the car with the front wheel removed. my 29er requires the front passenger seat to be fully forward.

As Hora says, it’s better on the roof, or better still on the boot…though it does make the car almost 2* the width.

hp_source

Yeah, stick it on the roof, bikes will go in the back, both wheels off, but it’s not pretty!

Any excuse to dig out the old piccies!

hora
    Free Member

Looks nice in blue. Theres a blue one with grey alloys on autotrader at the mo for 2.7k

captain-slow
    Free Member

+1 for roof carriers – used to have four blokes inside and four bikes on the roof regularly on my 1.2

never went anywhere too far (or too fast!), but the upright stance meant it was reasonably comfortable

hora
    Free Member

60hp and 4blokes/4bikes? 😯

acjim
    Free Member

thanks – I’ve not had a small car since my 1st car, Nissan Micra 1.0!

I’m also thinking about a Suzuki Swift Sport. Any other warm superminis to add to the list? (needs to be < 4k)

hora
    Free Member

If you can get a Swift Sport under 4k it’ll be on the oldest/ragged end of the spectrum? Most of them start around 4.5k+

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I’ve got a Toyota Aygo, MTB fits in the back with the seats down, but I use a Thule rack most of the time, perfect small car IMO

acjim
    Free Member

yes, they are the very cheapest of the lot.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fiat Panda 100hp – ok for a (small) bike car?’ is closed to new replies.