Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • FF29 sizing! guide says medium, but had advise for small!? help?
  • notinabox
    Free Member

Hi
    as the title says, my height (a tad over 5 8″) is a medium in the guide but have had advice that small wil be better suited due to top tube length etc. reasons: Chuckable, nimble etc.

I’m hoping Dom sees this 🙂

Going to put 100mm on front if this is consideed a factor. im usually a medium but this is my first 29’er.

Any owner [or designer;)] advise appreciated. 😀

many thanks

stanleigh
    Free Member

29ers can generally come up larger than 26ers. I’m 6ft & always rode large (21″) 26ers , but now have 2 medium (19″) 29ers ( Cube & On One )

I’m glad I got a test ride first , otherwise I would have ordered too bigger bike.

You’ve got to try to get a test ride somewhere , and if you find yourself right in the middle , it’s best to go for the smaller one if ‘ chuckable ‘ is your requirement.

pixelmix
    Free Member

No FF29 experience, but to give an indication of Kinesis sizing, I am 5ft7 and ride a medium XCPro3 with a lot of seatpost showing (i.e a small would be too small).

Not much help I know, but better than nothing!

notinabox
    Free Member

cheers guys :-)good advice.

the coming up large advise is pretty much what i was given, but i was thinking that was taken care of by the geometry on ‘newer’ 29ers.

i havent been able to demo a kenisis, but my spark medium was parked up for a 29 spark demo and that was a medium and felt ok. but thats a different bike and brand eh.

emac65
    Free Member

Got 2 29ers (Anthem & Inbred)& ride exactly the same size as I would for the 26″ wheeled variety….Tested the Anthem in 26″ & own 26″ & 29″ Inbreds,both feel the same fit wise…

mattjg
    Free Member

Being this height (like me) is a mixed blessing – we’re usually bang in the middle between ‘small’ and ‘medium’ which is a pain.

But you can probably ride either happily – that’s the upside.

So:
    1 get a test ride
    2 compare the ETT to whatever you ride now and work it out, you can maybe change the stem length on your current bike to emulate the new frames

druidh
    Free Member

I tend to believe that the designers have the best idea when it comes to these things. Of course, you could opt to go with what some randoms off the internet think instead.

billyboy
    Free Member

Ring them up and discuss it with them, or ring Upgrade. I’ve not known them to get it wrong on advising customers re frame sizing yet.

notinabox
    Free Member

Druidh and billy boy; appreciated, cheers 🙂
    It was the rep, not some random thread or I wouldn’t trouble me or you guys with it 🙂
    I didn’t realise calling upgrade was an option, I will try that.
    Again thanks to all comments and help.

Hopefully an owner of a FF29 will be able advise too

notinabox
    Free Member

Emac65, that makes sense. How I was thinking until had other shop advise 😮

notinabox
    Free Member

Sorted, thank you guys. horses mouth has spoken 😉

timbur
    Free Member

They’ve got a medium demo bike if you are close to the South Coast????

(they = Upgrade. It’s the one in this months STW mag. you do read the mag don’t you???)

😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘FF29 sizing! guide says medium, but had advise for small!? help?’ is closed to new replies.