Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • few questions about afan
  • bonj
    Free Member

can you get into it from the north end?
    it seems if you're coming from the north, you have to go right to the south, then east or west on the A4107.
    Is it possible to go south from pontnedfecchan and go into it that way?
    not whether it 'probably'is, has anyone done it/regularly do it.
    cheers!

jam-bo

probably

Trimix
    Free Member

Look on multimap.

nickjb
    Free Member

There's no road. Maybe in a 4×4 if you are feeling adventurous.

EDIT. or do you mean by bike? then yes, no problem

bonj
    Free Member

There's no road. Maybe in a 4×4 if you are feeling adventurous.

EDIT. or do you mean by bike? then yes, no problem

no I wasn't planning on taking my bike at all, was just thinking of mowing the fence down, twatting through the verge and bollocking round afan in my car for the whole weekend.
    course on a bike 🙄 😉

stumpyjon

No you muppet, he means are you intending to ride in by bike or drive in with your bike in the car. There is no vehicle access from the north but plenty of rideable tracks.

bonj
    Free Member

No you muppet, he means are you intending to ride in by bike or drive in with your bike in the car. There is no vehicle access from the north but plenty of rideable tracks.

I know, i'm doing a ride on sunday from near hay on why, which is north ish / north east of afan, so thought of going to afan on saturday, and I want to just stay in the one place as a base , somewhere that if not cycleable to both, not too long a car journey. Ideally cycleable to afan and a car journey to hay on the sunday but not too long a car journey which going all the way round the arse end of the mountain from glyncorrwg would be.

z1ppy

A4061/A4107 from the A465 is your best bet, but IME it's just as quick going back to Neath and just getting straight on the A465, though the chip shop in Treorchy/Treherbert is pretty good and you can sit on the back of the mountains (out of Treherbert) and look over to the back of the skyline.

bonj
    Free Member

ta, zippy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘few questions about afan’ is closed to new replies.