Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Ferrari hits parked cars moments after leaving dealership
  • SaxonRider
    sands
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member
    I don’t know why this makes me laugh, but it does.

Coz he was being what James May would refer to as a ‘c*ck’

Haven’t chuckled so much since I saw a boy-racer (with his soon-to-be ex- girlfriend) violently beating his flash car which was ‘beached’ on a raised roundabout that he had approached too fast.

toppers3933
    Free Member

It made you laugh because its quite funny.

wwaswas

I saw someone unloading a Porsche Cayenne from a delivery truck at a dealership, they had an accelerator/brake moment. It ended up parked on the bonnet of a 911.

Both cars still had the factory white protective film all over their bodywork.

She was led off in tears.

Bregante

I saw someone unloading a Porsche Cayenne from a delivery truck at a dealership, they had an accelerator/brake moment. It ended up parked on the bonnet of a 911.

I’ve seen that at work when a newly purchased traffic car was delivered to our station. I think they assumed that whoever was responsible for loading it had attached the vehicle to the cable winch.

As it gracefully rolled off the ramp and bounced into another traffic car, the drivers face was a picture. It was swiftly winched back on and returned to the garage with heavy front damage 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

What a tool.

On a very wet and cold Sunday morning last year I followed a big jaguar coupe type thing round a motorway island when the driver gave it a bootfull and ended up facing me after much tail whipping. The driver was as white as his knuckles that were gripping the steering wheel.

mudshark
    Free Member

Mate bought an Ariel Atom a few years back, had an issue on delivery and was told to get it fixed at a garage. Whilst there someone decided to have some fun with it and smashed it up on a roundabout.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Back to the “why supercars aren’t practical” argument.

As for the driver, no idea what he was doing but he obviously asked for more power than needed, it barely goes much faster than the rest of the traffic. Feel sorry actually, must be gutting enough when you realise your object of desire is ultimately going to be useless without actually crashing it in the process.

theflatboy
    Free Member

He did what I would be petrified of doing if I took delivery of something like that – if you aren’t used to driving a car like that the unexpected power if you put your foot down like that must be terrifying… and expensive!

molgrips
    Free Member

It makes me laugh because you don’t buy a car like that unless you are comfortable with a large ego, and I find large egos ridiculous and this is the perfect counterpoint.

squirrelking
    Free Member

you don’t buy a car like that unless you are comfortable with a large ego

Or just like nice things.

TBH I find it sadder that people would laugh at someones obvious misfortune in an unlucky accident. Or is it okay because of the car he was driving? Says a lot.

bigjim

reminds me of this one. Big power + small penis = crash
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=5&v=xZAAlXXGtMI[/video]

nickjb
    Free Member

obvious misfortune in an unlucky accident.

It wasn’t an accident, though. I’d say he was very lucky to only hit a parked car.

sandwicheater

^^^ Was not expecting that.

SaxonRider

It’s one thing for that motorcyclist to be angry with the jerk in the Subaru, but what about the fact that he appears to go speeding off? 🙄

nickjb
    Free Member

Quick acceleration and not the safest manoeuvre but was the bike actually speeding? My old house mate did almost exactly the same thing in his Subaru. Overtook like dick, spun it, ended up in a layby/verge facing the wrong way while the person he just overtook drove past laughing.

molgrips
    Free Member

Or just like nice things.

There’s nice things, and then there’s that incredibly showy thing.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ridiculous behaviour and an expensive lesson. Does the LeFarria not have traction control electronics ? Perhaps not or the guy had turned them off.

jools182
    Free Member

I can’t really work out how the driver managed to lose it like that

Didn’t find it funny really, I’ve never been big on laughing at other peoples misfortune. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Ferrari or a Kia

I don’t get the mentality at all. Because it’s an expensive car makes it funnier?

nickewen
    Free Member

Seen that bike vs evo one recently – it’s the heartfelt “Bellend!” at the end that cracks me up.

Interesting point about the LaFerrari’s traction control etc. I haven’t even driven anything with half the power that thing has but I imagine you would have to do something fairly stupid with the wheel/pedals to break traction so violently? Maybe I’m just being naive..

SaxonRider

@jools182: I don’t like laughing at other people’s misfortune. I guess, however, that I don’t mind having a laugh when people’s egos get a bit of a smackdown and there’s been no real injury in the process.

And perhaps I am prejudiced, but yes, I do assume that if you drive one of those ostentatious, over-powered machines, it’s just a manifestation of your ego.

beardo74
    Free Member

Reminds me of this story – happened while I was living in Perth a few years back. Showboating in front of a packed pub….in his dads car it later turned out, if I remember correctly.

Perth ferrari crash

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Quick acceleration and not the safest manoeuvre but was the bike actually speeding?

this. The bike got off the line quickly (and safely), because that’s what bikes are capable of. Doesn’t mean the speed he hit was above the limit, just that he got there quickly.

TBH I find it sadder that people would laugh at someones obvious misfortune in an unlucky accident

Flooring it in traffic showing off is unlucky?

spooky_b329

If anyone doesn’t like laughing at other peoples miss-fortune, you should feel comfortable giggling at this tool 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8dkDWrFaQ[/video]

I remember a follow up news story, I think the police traced him and charged him with whatever their equivalent of careless driving is.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I remember the first time I drove my boxter in the wet, I accelerated away from a roundabout and did a little fishtail..and its not as if I floored the accelerator. It just took me a bit by surprise given I was use to driving front wheeled cars with half the power.

I can easily see how you could get cought out if you were driving a car with 3 times as much power if not use to it, especially if you hadn’t stuck the traction control on.

That said, if a car is that undrivable without traction control on then it shouldn’t really be allowed to be sold to joe public.

peterfile
    Free Member

Did he film that with a toaster?

sands
    Free Member

If we’re up for a bit of Friday evening YouTube – this is worth a watch.
    Stick with it to / Skip to 2:29

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQP9EoV06Tw[/video]

RobHilton
    Free Member

you don’t buy a car like that unless you are comfortable with a large ego

The average narcissist has a devastatingly weak ego

chestrockwell

If I had the money I’d have one, or a F40, or a Testarossa. Not sure what it says about my ego but I quite like cars and have always liked Ferrari. Not likely to be an issue anytime soon though.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ferrari wasn’t even driving that bad. You could just tell they were not used to driving a rwd car with that much power.

Some sad folk on here if they can’t accept some people have more money than them

bensales
    Free Member

nickjb – Member
    Quick acceleration and not the safest manoeuvre but was the bike actually speeding?

If the bike had been speeding, there’s no way the Evo would have gone around the outside of them. And afterwards, he gets up to third, so he’s probably around the limit for an NSL.

What I took away most from that vid, was the amount of red light jumpers there were. At least three vans.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Should come down this way Ben – they’ve extended the timings on four of the M’ways junctions on the M27 because of the sheer number of RLJ’s there are rather than set a bike/car combo up and prosecute them!

ahwiles
    Free Member

Laughing at another’s misfortune, and laughing at a berk who’s chosen, desperately, to make a spectacular tit of themselves, are different things.

eddie11
    Free Member

I feel a bit sorry for that Ferrari they weren’t obviously being a massive dick, just blipped it a bit to make a nice noise with their new toy and off into the gutter. Stuff like that Subaru is on another level. That’s funny.

matt_outandabout

Surely that takes some serious provocation of the loud pedal for that Ferrari to suddenly snap out like that?

andytherocketeer

…that exceeded either (a) the available grip or (b) his talent…

I think that really should say both (a) and (b)

jools182
    Free Member

I like cars, and I’d love to be able to buy something nice, probably something Italian

I don’t have a big ego, I don’t like showing off, and I’m not selfish. I just like cars and bicycles

squirrelking
    Free Member

Surely that takes some serious provocation of the loud pedal for that Ferrari to suddenly snap out like that?

I dunno, sometimes when I change gear my car starts wheel spinning if its still a little high on the revs and the road conditions are right ( sufficient gradient and moisture), it really does get away before you know it. Thats a gutless 100 hp Civic btw, think what 9.5x that with instant power through the motors would do in lesser conditions and thats probably what happened.

hora
    Free Member

Evening. Seen this a couple of times when the driver isnt smooth and dabs the accelerator mid turn and on a straight damp road. Both times I wager they were hire cars..

molgrips
    Free Member

I like cars, and I’d love to be able to buy something nice

Me too, but as I said there are other nice cars that don’t scream ‘look at me’ quite so loudly.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Ferrari hits parked cars moments after leaving dealership’ is closed to new replies.