Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Fergies less than gracious post match comments.
  • Gunz
    Free Member

+1, those comments do nothing to elevate the impression that outsiders have of football and the scum really should refrain from saying nasty things about Liverpool.

To be honest a quick scan of the comments on this thread has done little to elevate the opinion of this outsider.

By the way, is that graph correct? Did a football team actually spend well over £1 billion on players? Is that in a year or a decade or WTF!!

grum
    Free Member

Anyway, my disgruntlement has always been more about Ferguson than ManUre.

Alex Ferguson – amazing manager but I’m not a fan of his personality at all from what I’ve seen
    Add to that list Roy Keane and Gary Neville

Scholes, Giggs and Cantona were superb though and i have a soft spot for Solskjaer (sp?) for some reason. I was rooting for Man U in the famous Bayern Munich final.

But one of the reasons I’m not a fan of Man U has just come from the feeling of them being the original massive corporate sell-outs in football. Of course every other club that could has now followed them pretty much and some have taken it to extremes. Football now is beyond a joke in terms of the finances, and City are the ultimate example, but it’s a bit rich for Man U fans to talk about money ruining the game.

I know a few Man U fans and most of them say they much prefer watching FC United. I’ve been to watch Morecambe recently and enjoyed it more than the last time I went to Anfield. Football lost its ‘soul’ a long time ago – and Man U fans used to be cheering it along every step of the way.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It really is silly saying City bought the league.

so what you are saying is the wealth of the wealthiest clubs does not allow them to sign or buy the best players and money plays no part in the success 😕
    Yes teams can do well or ok with or without money – eg Newcastle out performed, Liverpool underperformed but Swansea are never challenging for the EPL without serious money. It is what the new football is about

You give plenty of shit about Liverpool JY,

I am giving grief to lodders
    Can you find anything of substance on threads?
    You know full well what I say everytime a thread like this comes up so I will repeat it again Liverpool are a great team with a great tradition and the envy of all [ EPL aside] in this country. You will never walk alone is a hairs on the back of the neck moment for anyone and I have stood in the Kop and cheered them on
    I love football I don’t hate teams though fans can be idiots
    You know all of this and you now you are not describing my views accurately and like i said it brings out the worst in folk

+1, those comments do nothing to elevate the impression that outsiders have of football and the scum really should refrain from saying nasty things about Liverpool.

you called them Bin dippers DS and it was a dig at lodders not at Liverpool

I should have just called them “melon farmers” and listened to the sound of silence then eh grum …have you noticed the RIP fergie thread yet and got outraged Grum?
    I repeat the point about football bringing out the worst in folk and judging by this thread I should include myself in that evaluation so I guess I add football debates to the list of topics that are beast avoided on STW
    Or for Grum just blame myself for being so nasty and rude whilst everyone else played and spoke so nicely

Banter is fine but this is not banter- the city fans have porobably been the nicest tbh

donsimon
    Free Member

😉

grum
    Free Member

I should have just called them “melon farmers” and listened to the sound of silence then eh grum …have you noticed the RIP fergie thread yet and got outraged Grum?

Tevez isn’t the brightest and that was stupid/unpleasant of him. Loddrik doesn’t seem like the brightest either and seems slightly pathologically bitter. HTH 🙂

I dunno, Loddrik definitely takes it too far and is just unpleasant really. I was just taking the piss like I do with my friends who are Man U fans IRL. :shrug:

Some people don’t like it up ’em. 😉

jwt
    Free Member

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

some interesting figures regarding tranfers, as a Utd fan, fair play to City for winning it, we both had little slip ups, however that 6-1 came back to haunt us.
    Hope we keep Vidic fit this year………

I_did_dab
    Free Member

No doubt that only a few teams have the resources to buy in the quality players, but they have to be the right players, playing the right tactics and have a lot of luck.
    This is much closer to the truth.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What grum said.

Ferguson, in a way, became bigger than the club – his utterances carried more and more weight over the years – and when he understod this, he used it to his advantage. You only have to look at how the media report his every word on a referee’s performance, sometimes even before a game. Referees are human, and yes, some are better than others but it’s only when everyone is behind them that they perform well. Putting them under the kind of pressure he does has always been one of Ferguson’s modus operandi. Sending Keane and Neville(G) out as his lieutenants to barrack referees on the pitch while he did his work off of it was another. He has been one of the key figures in the undermining of the respect for referees in the game – and that is unforgiveable. Oh, you said something horrible about me, I’m not going to talk to you for years and years because that’s how I work.

He has also wound up other managers – but whether they should be a bit more grown up about it is a moot point. I’d prefer managers talked more about football than barbed comments in the media that they know are going to get blown out of all proportion. Ferguson has always known that in a war of words, his will get shouted louder and has used this to his advantage too.

There’s no denying that watching them play when they really were destroying other sides was entertaining. Scholes, Giggs (amazing personality), Cantona, Beckham…all wonderful to watch.

There hasn’t been a competition they’ve won that hasn’t been deserved (if we strip all the spending money arguments out).

In fairness to him, he’s generally complimentary to oppositions when beaten – I think he’s got better at this over the years than worse.

When he’s gone from the game, I won’t miss him.

zokes
    Free Member

Giggs (amazing personality)

Not sure his wife would agree 😆

uwe-r
    Free Member

His brother’ wife has a lot of time for him as well. 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Some people don’t like it up ’em.

Mleh Just think it oversteps the banter lines. Dont mind it from the city fans who have IMHO been subdued..its like they cannot beleieve it either tbh [ that is not a dig]

Ferguson is a complex man by which i mean he is a great manager but an absolute ****
    I think there is something about winners – they have a win at all costs mentality which makes them abhored or loved depending on whether you are with them or agianst them.
    I am personally not that sure about him and tactics. It was cowardice IMHO at City yes we may have lost but we could have actually tried.

I have a friend who knows him fairly well and he is apparently humorous and affable in real life but they said that about Gordon Brown so who knows.

surfer
    Free Member

Mleh Just think it oversteps the banter lines.

Thats a joke, right.

tails
    Free Member

How many managers have they had during SAF time at OT – http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18073446

ransos
    Free Member

So, the fat Spanish waiter back to Anfield? Will loddick give us some insight?

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Fergies less than gracious post match comments.’ is closed to new replies.