Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fenix 5x users?
  • simon80
    Free Member

My watch is on the way out.
    I’m looking at the above as a means of telling the time, tracking rides and mucking about in the countryside.
    Has anyone got any real world feedback on these?

mikertroid
    Free Member

Fenix 3 user here…

Mine is hands down the best watch I’ve had for all the above. The 5x adds some new features that look great.

You won’t regret your purchase.

dannybgoode

Everything you could ever want to know and more about it…

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/03/garmin-fenix5-5s-5x-review.html

If you’ve not read one of Ray’s reviews – settle down in a comfy chair with a cup of tea or a cold beer and read away 🙂

chrischim
    Free Member

Or get the FR935 which does everything for less £?
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/03/garmin-forerunner-935-depth-review.html

dannybgoode

Or get the FR935 which does everything for less £?

Though specifically the 5X does proper routing which the normal 5 does not.

Whether this is important is down to the user.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

I’m on a standard fenix 3, and absolutely love it. I’ll probably change over to a 5x at Christmas if santa consideres me to have been good enough.

I do love having pretty much every outdoor gadget in one, whilst it being wearable enough to go everywhere with me on a daily basis.

tor5
    Free Member

I’ve had a 5 since August, great bit of kit.

Battery life is good. heart rate monitor is reasonably accurate, but be sure to do the strap up nice and tight during exercise otherwise it’ll be all over the place.

Software works well, in particular it’s been easy to get it hooked up to Strava and grab my weight from Fitbit scales.

I’ve found the smart watch stuff useful as well, which is a surprise (and has relegated my nice automatic watch to the bedside table 90% of time)

Jamie
    Free Member

For those with a 5, specifically the slate model. How is the coating holding up?

TheFlyingOx

Mine’s just like it came out of the box, after maybe 3-4 months of constant wear including some fairly heavy duty site work. The only thing I did was get a pack of those tempered glass screen protectors from Amazon. Still on the first one and it doesn’t have a mark on it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers. They’re using the same coating on the incoming Vivoactive 3’s bezel, charging £20 more for it as well the buggers, and just wanted to make sure it’s not like an iPhone bezel coating which wafts off if you look at it funny.

bensales
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    For those with a 5, specifically the slate model. How is the coating holding up?

Mine has been bulletproof, apart from where I’ve whacked it on walls.

Patina.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fenix 5x users?’ is closed to new replies.