Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • fence post repair
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

I have a fence post that has broken but not failed completely yet. I’m sure I saw someone mention on here they were planning to use the following

http://www.postbuddysystem.co.uk

I know a job worth doing etc….but, I thought it might help until I can find a bit more time to do the job properly.

I can’t find the thread now. Has anyone had any success with the post buddy? Any experiences?

Thanks

joat

They seem very expensive for what are essentially strips of steel with a few holes in. I cant really see how they mend the post either. Wooden posts tend to fail around ground level where they are wet but have an oxygen supply, the perfect conditions for rot. Concrete repair posts are a more permanent solution, dig a hole down the side, concrete the post in, attach to post with coach screws, job done.

footflaps

Concrete repair posts are a more permanent solution, dig a hole down the side, concrete the post in, attach to post with coach screws, job done.

I’ve got a few of these to do, had 100m of fencing put in about 15 years ago and a few are pretty well gone at ground level now.

riddoch

Having read the instructions these are for posts that were already cemented in, so these go between the old post and the concrete, seems to be a good idea.
    For our back fence where the panels are in reasonable nick but the post they connect to had broken I fixed a second post and coach screwed them together. I went for the spike style post holder for ease.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Thanks all, that confirms my thinking too. Looks like I’ll do a proper job

towzer

might have been me

my dad predated post buddy by using bed angle irons (old beds used to have 6ft long 2″x 2″ thin angle metal frame bits – dad used this on our posts and it worked well(and still is – 10 yrs later) – I saw post buddy and have a fence with 7 posts – 2 gone,but sadly I gave the bed angles he gave to me to a ragbo at a house move

anyway now fixed – top tip – can you put in new posts and leave the old ones there – the repair spurs look scabby (imho – and will be even more of a digout if they go) and make sure you get the new plastic sleeved/bitumen sleeved 15 yr gtee posts (have a sleeve at ground level)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘fence post repair’ is closed to new replies.