Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Felt Lebowsk e fat bike
  • Denis99
    Free Member

As discussed in the recent ebike thread, my ebike arrived today.

Been fettling , removed the Bluto fork, fitted the Lauf and generally got the bike ready for its first ride tomorrow.

Converted the wheels to tubeless, and put a Maxxis Mammoth on the front for a little more grip.

wiggles
    Free Member

Don’t really understand using a lauf?

Bike is going to be over 40lbs no matter what you do so might as well have some adjustments and rebound damping for the sake of a few more lbs

No to say it doesn’t look like great fun though. But my roof ebikes so far is fitting more heavy duty kit tends to work well as the added weight makes much less of a difference.

stuey
    Free Member

“Dear Santa…”
    🙂

Denis99
    Free Member

The bike will be used for more leisurely riding as opposed to trying to set any Strava records.

Always liked the simplicity of the Lauf, no maintenance, just clean it and ride.

Keeps the rest of the bike relatively simple. Just look after the battery and the drive chain.

Also will be ridden on local beaches, so salt spray won’t be an issue.

First ride tomorrow.

Bregante

Looks fun! I’d be interested to hear what you think of the Mammoth on the front.

rOcKeTdOg

I’d be scared on anything but dry tarmac if I ran a mammoth on the front 8O, nice rare summer trails tyre for the back. Just took mine off again now it’s went again

Denis99
    Free Member

Going to rain again tomorrow …….

What would be reasonable front tyre for some grip?

Maxxis looks to have a reasonable side edge though?

letmetalktomark

Bud FTW front tyre wise.

i like that a lot!

dahedd
    Free Member

Sweet looking bike. Just getting into the fat bikes I’ve never seen those Lauf forks before.

Alex

That looks fab Denis! Let us know how you get on with it.

Denis99
    Free Member

Cheers Alex.

Just about to venture out up The Wall this morning.

Battery fully charged !

Stoner
    Free Member

That does look a lot of fun…..but it’s basically a motorbike now 🙁

wiggles
    Free Member

The bike will be used for more leisurely riding as opposed to trying to set any Strava records.
    Always liked the simplicity of the Lauf, no maintenance, just clean it and ride.
    Keeps the rest of the bike relatively simple. Just look after the battery and the drive chain.
    Also will be ridden on local beaches, so salt spray won’t be an issue.
    First ride tomorrow.

Fair enough, from a low maintenance perspective it makes sense. The ones we have as demos we have put downhill tyres and big burly forks on and they ride amazing downhill with all the grip etc and you don’t really worry about the climbing changes as it still goes up fine.

kayak23

The forks are very Marmite as are electric bikes I suppose.
    Bike looks ace, but for the forks and the leccy motor… 😉

Not sure I could run two different makes of tyre personally.. It sits uneasily on an aesthetic level 😳

Drain cover wants weeding.
    Nice colour.

slowoldman

“I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck for some bike company to appropriate of the Dude’s name for marketing purposes. There is a line in the sand”.

highlandman
    Free Member

Maxxis Minion FBF? Perhaps the pinnacle of front grip for trail fatties. Def not the best snow tyre.

Denis99
    Free Member

Just completed the first ride.

I put a heart rate monitor on to see the effort levels.
    29.3 miles ridden, two bars left on the battery power (there are 5 fully charged).

Rode the majority of the time in eco mode (lowest assist level, probably 85% of the ride), with the occasional boost up to the other more powerful assist levels.

Definitely not like riding any motorcycle I have ever ridden, strava tells me my suffer score was 124 Tough.

Climbed 3,300 feet.

Eco assist is really very good, this adds 50% to your power input.
    The forks work very well on fire road, climbing on singletrack. Can become a little busy on the rebound (uncontrolled) if descending quickly. Overall, I think the forks are good for their intended use. Light, work well in most conditions , need to relax on the bar grip and put a little bit more weight rearwards.

Ran the tyres at 10psi front and rear, but will drop to around 8psi for the next ride.

I enjoyed it, so thats the main issue, and I don’t feel too worn out.

Bregante

How was the front tyre in the wet?

Denis99
    Free Member

Wasn’t really that wet, although it did rain when I was out.

Afan drains really well, had all the grip I wanted today.

Might put the Jumbo Jim on the front sometime next week, and might try the Bluto fork to compare the difference.

Denis99
    Free Member

I forgot to mention the handling.

Not being used to a fat bike, the large front wheel sometimes has a mind of its own , compared to a more responsive 650b bike.

I’m sure I will adjust and get used to the bike, very different to my Cove Hustler.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Felt Lebowsk e fat bike’ is closed to new replies.