Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fellow bandit owners- ctd lever use?
  • ceepers

I’m curious, how much do you use the ctd lever on your shock, where do you leave it mostly and do you use the variable compression settings (1,2,3) on the little black knob for trail mode?

jambalaya
    Free Member

FWIW I have a Covert and rarely touch the shock controls. Just set it up how I like it and leave it there. For example on an Alps trip I will make some adjustments.

funkybaj
    Free Member

I spend 90% of the time in Trail mode, switching to Climb for long fireroad slogs and the such. Never use Descend.

I’ve also a question to fellow 26″ Bandit owners … Is anyone running a Pike at 150mm on theirs? I’ve currently got some Fox 32’s at 150mm, but the Pike is a chunk longer axle to crown.

prezet
    Free Member

I have a covert – and I use it more on the shock than I would on a fork (running a 36 with no CTD). I find it definitely makes a difference to switch between climb and descend modes. Rarely use trail.

ceepers

I tend to use climb for fire-road and trail most of the time although I’ve been experimenting with it in the softer of the three “black knob” settings.

I’ve been using descend for “proper” descents seems to be too much bob/ pedal strike to use it always. Interestingly I regularly use full travel according to the o ring but I never feel it bottom out!

Such a fun bike to descend on and not bad uphill either!

mattbee

650b Bandit, always left in Trail in position number 2 on the dial. Keep meaning to try different positions but it rides so well ‘in the middle’ that I just leave it there & forget about it.

richen987
    Free Member

Bandit 650b here, I put a large volume reducer in mine and now leave it in descend all the time, bar fireroad or road climbs, seems fine, I honestly can’t tell the difference between descend and trail, so leave it there.
    Before the volume spacer went in, the descend was really mushy and no amount of fiddling made any difference (for me) so would leave it in trail, but never felt right right.
    Happier with the spacer in, I’ll probably have it tuned when I put it on for a service.

h4muf
    Free Member

26 Bandit here with RP23 on,just leave it on two.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I never noticed much of a difference between C and T and then T and D. There was a bit more of a difference between C and D, then I got a shock tune done and it has made a huge difference. Got it done at J tech and it only cost 20 quid on top of a service.

Caveat – this is on a SB66, not a Transition, but I feel it’s relative.

daveh
    Free Member

Trail 3 for me, all the time. I find it provides more support than descend. I’ve got the biggest aircan spacer in there plus PUSH tune. I am a big chap though, presently 16 stone.

transition1
    Free Member

binned the FOX for a Vip’r but then am 90kg
    Did try the Bandit 26 with Pikes set to 150mm with 27.5 front wheel was good on descents but didn’t climb quite so well.
    replaced the frame with a Switchback

Si
    Free Member

Monarch RT3 debonair… No need to lockout.

andyecc
    Free Member

Covert 26, with rp23. Mostly leave it open. I don’t find the pro pedal makes much difference on climbs. It’s a bit of a slow winch to the top whichever setting it’s in. Always fun on the way down though.
    Bandit 27.5 with CTD. Keep it mostly in trail which is great pretty much all the time. Use the climb setting on long fire roads which helps.
    I do like my transitions 😀

matther01
    Free Member

When I had the CTD on my bandit I usually left it in trail, but in all honesty I was blowing through the travel on pretty much everything no matter how little sag on biggest spacer. Got a ccdb inline from tftuned and its miles better and much easier to adjust the lever for climbing (which is only on long steep fire roads).

I’m running 150 pikes and its an absolute ripper and not too bad climbing either, although tight switchbacks takes a bit of getting used to.

Transition also told me running 150 doesn’t invalidate the warranty either.

prezet
    Free Member

On another note – I did replace the RP23 that came with my covert for a float x – this made a HUGE difference with CTD. The RP23 never gave any platform in climb mode, but the float x is noticeably different, and actually helps with climbing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fellow bandit owners- ctd lever use?’ is closed to new replies.