Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Feeling burnt out, what to do?
  • xcracer1
    Free Member

Just remember it is never what happens to you thats the problem, it is how you react thats the problem.

So something happens – you then deal with it by worrying, analysing, avoiding catastrophizing, and so on. This behavious stresses your system and then induces physical and mental symptoms which you then worry about, creating a feedback circuit. When you stop this, you will grafually start to feel better and less anxious. It takes time though, so be patient.

Basically you need to consciously step out of this behaviour. Easier said than done. But you need to practice to be aware when you get lost in your minds worries, and stop adding fuel to it by believing it, analysing it etc.

BigJohn

I do now understand why I am the way I am, but 40-odd years of giving 100% is a hard habit to break and the lesson is just starting to sink in.

Isn’t it funny how we find it so hard to accept the best advice about ourselves. And find it so hard to recognise our destructive traits.

The important thing is not to beat ourselves up for our stupidity in doing things in the past, and in not recognising our own faults. Just wear the enlightenment like a lovely new set of clothes and walk onwards with a spring in our step!

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Feeling burnt out, what to do?’ is closed to new replies.