Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Feel my parking fine pain
  • corroded
    Free Member

In Spain… Left my rental car in a cargo unloading bay to, er, take my bags to my hotel – which, thanks to the diabolical lack of parking in the city, was a 5 minute trundle away. Get back (15 minutes later) to find car has been ticketed. To the tune of 200 euros. I left the car at 7.54pm and it was ticketed at 7.58pm…
    With my limited Spanish I don’t think there’s any point appealing but I guess I can feel like I’ve paid off a bit of Spain’s national debt.

sv

Do you have to pay?

jam-bo

If you don’t pay it, the hire company will scree you over.

A 10 euro speeding fine coming out of Hamburg airport last year ending costing me nearly £50. Thanks Avis.

andytherocketeer

ouch.

mine was ticketed by 8:04am

free parking overnight until 8am.

Holland, so only something like €30 if paid within 14 days. Same as the light jumping and speeding tickets back then.

/me learned that the parking police office is adjacent to that carpark, and they start work before 8am, suss out which cars to ticket, then start entering details at 08:00:01

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

My car once got towed away in Antwerp, fully awesome!! I’d parked it there on Friday night (I was taking the piss but everyone did it at the weekend…ahem…) came out on Saturday morning, walked past where it should have been without realising it was gone and went and got some shopping. Came back and realised it was gone when I went to put said shopping in car! Idiot! Fun couple of hours walking between police stations with a nice bus journey to the impound yard. Knew it hadn’t been stolen, nobody would have bothered!

allthepies
    Free Member

200 eur ! the shysters.

Northwind

jam bo – Member

If you don’t pay it, the hire company will scree you over.

Bury him in stone? Bit harsh

mdavids
    Free Member

Had my hire car towed in Barcelona this summer after parking in an area recommended as free by the hotel receptionist.

Couple of hours of panic and hassle, 200 euro release fee and 50 euro taxi fare to hotel and back to get documents and cash.

Put a downer on the rest of the holiday and made me unlikely to ever go back – cancelled a few of the trips we had planned in order to claw back the cash so Barcelona FC are now 50 euro down when they come to buy their next player.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Feel my parking fine pain’ is closed to new replies.