Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fear and loathing in Les Alpes…
  • iDave
    Free Member

Registered for this! Excited and fearful, but nice to see that about 1/3rd of it is downhill….

peteimpreza

Chapeau Dave.

I am going to have to do this route soon.

I have doen the Glandon and the Galibier from the other side.

I have also been up the Alpe a few times as well. never joined them all up yet mind !!

Oh and from the Galibier back to Le Bourg d’Oisans is NOT all down hill either.

alfabus
    Free Member

stayed in valloire a few years ago… riding most of the way up the galibier with dual ply, super tacky high rollers wasn’t fun!

The descent was pretty special though 🙂

Dave

jerseychaz

Beware the descent off the Glandon – I saw several get hauled off in ambulances a couple of years ago 🙁 Don’t worry about water at the top of the Glandon, there are a couple of water points in villages further down the hill. If you hear thunder on the way to the feed in Valloire don’t stop, keep going ‘cos they’ll close the course up to the Galibier if there’s a risk of thunder and lightning. Get in a bunch along the Maurienne valley and don’t go to the front, the French are shocking wheel suckers. Enjoy the descent off the Galibier, the tunnels are fun and take your time going back up Alpe d’Huez as it should be about 40 C at the bottom. It’s a good ride, enjoy 🙂

xcgb
    Free Member

Beware the descent off the Glandon – I saw several get hauled off in ambulances a couple of years ago Don’t worry about water at the top of the Glandon, there are a couple of water points in villages further down the hill. If you hear thunder on the way to the feed in Valloire don’t stop, keep going ‘cos they’ll close the course up to the Galibier if there’s a risk of thunder and lightning. Get in a bunch along the Maurienne valley and don’t go to the front, the French are shocking wheel suckers. Enjoy the descent off the Galibier, the tunnels are fun and take your time going back up Alpe d’Huez as it should be about 40 C at the bottom. It’s a good ride, enjoy

Aaaaaannnnnddd Breeeaaathhh 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fear and loathing in Les Alpes…’ is closed to new replies.