Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Favourite trains.
  • project
    Free Member

Class 50 diesel.

Also class 55 detic.

The class 50 was going to be a bonneted loco like a 37, 40, 45, 46 and 55, but they changed the design to a more boxy one, and not so rugged and manly.

garage-dweller

For me Black 5 or an A3. Dad’s got a great dvd of Flying Scotsman and McAlpine’s restoration.

IainFP
    Free Member

This must rate as the saddest thread ever on ST!

For those that think old diesels are “good”, try driving them day in day out. Shitty, dirty, noisy, cold, agricultural, past it lumps! 66 any day 😀

RustySpanner

Shitty, dirty, noisy, cold, agricultural, past it lumps!

That’s why I like them. 🙂

Anyway, engine drivers are supposed to be hard men aren’t they? 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

2011-06-08 061

project
    Free Member

Loco, Beyer garratt, twin tender loco, theres a full size one at musi in manchester, and free entry to the museum, its great for steam engines some working.

Ian fp, other jobs are available,but for us enthusiasts it would be a dream job.

wilsonalasdair
    Free Member

Only discovered these amazing machines when in Berlin, I saw one in a yard there.

[/url]

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Demics

CountZero

But for all round usage the Pannier tank has a fantastic character, the Do It All HT of the Steam world IMHO.

Love ’em! Used to ride the footplate on one in Chippenham marshalling yards, when they were still there, a schoolmate’s dad drove one. 😀
    For me, though, probably my favourite loco is this:
    [/url] British Railways 92220 EVENING STAR by Ingy The Wingy, on Flickr[/img]

BR standard class 9F number 92220 Evening Star, is a preserved British steam locomotive completed in 1960. It was the last steam locomotive to be built by British Railways. It holds the distinction of being the only British main line steam locomotive ear-marked for preservation from the date of construction.[1] It was the 999th locomotive of the whole British Railways Standard range.[2]

And built in Swindon.

kinda666
    Free Member

Only because its the only one I’ve driven.

Lovin the jocko thurman

SaxonRider

Rode one of these across Canada in my childhood. Incredible journey.

The Via FP9A:

kinda666
    Free Member

My moronic attempt to post a pic failed, was a class 60 🙁

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

And built in Swindon.

partly by my grandad (a Boiler-maker) 😀

matt_outandabout

Earliest childhood memory was sat on the viewing platform of this train, on my grandpa’s knee. Wonderful.

(Nilgiri hills train to Coonoor and Ooty)

Nobby

Sir Nigel was in steam last time we were at the NYMR – fantastic engine. It was a cold damp morning & watching the driver spin the wheels up to gain traction showed how much power those things have 🙂

Always had a soft spot for the Blackmoor Vale, sadly it’s awaiting some quite major restoration work.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Trains SUCK

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Favourite trains.’ is closed to new replies.