Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Favourite toy as a child?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

What was your favourite toy as a child? I remember unwrapping this and being well chuffed.

mtbfix

I loved Zoids. They were great.

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

Lego or Mechano

Still my favourite now…

racefaceec90

i loved this http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/bigtrak/blowup/bigtrak.jpg but my commodore 64 was my best present ever!!!! 😀

grahamh
    Free Member

or

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Scalextric & bikes. The end!

ski
    Free Member

Home made catapult, spent ages carving a branch into shape and making the sling, took ages to master using it.

But one of the best boy toys I ever made and boy did I get into all types of trouble using it 😉

Swapped it for a naff air pistol, that was a mistake looking back!

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Eagle Eye Action Man, Britains toy soldiers, :?:Train set, Black Widow Catapult

racefaceec90

yes agree i should have added those as well Whos_Daddy. 😳

grynch
    Free Member

mousetrap
    or there was this other one… I can't remember the name of it but you basically had to try to land on the moon.. your lunar module was a silver coloured baloon ( they supplied about 3 if I remember ) which you fixed to a cardboard base and then you controlled it via a little fan mounted on the corner of the moonbase.
    wayyyyyyyyyyyy before commodore 64 are any of them fancy smancy games.

Pigface
    Free Member

Flightdeck was ace played with that for hours

Lego and I had a train set 🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

grynch – click my johnny astro link
    pigface – flightdeck was rubbish, i wanted it, one of my mates got it and it sucked. Johnny Astro rules. It did then and it does now. So there.

Notter
    Free Member

I had one of those KITT cars, awesome! Penny Racers were also cool in that genre.

Favourite toy? Lego was the staple which was always returned to, Star Wars and Transformers phases were also tucked into my childhood 🙂

GTDave
    Free Member

woody2000

I was very attached to an extremely tatty blue elephant called "dog". Had it till I was about 16, when it vanished mysteriously. 23 years later and I still wonder where it went 🙁

grynch
    Free Member

bigbutslimmer.. not exactly as I remember it but yes… that must have been it … you had it too then eh?

Notter
    Free Member

GTDave – a friend of mine had one of those, I was jealous!

grynch
    Free Member

I think we should create a johnny astro forum… who knew there were others !! LOL

stumpy01

No way – I had one of those Kitt cars.

Most of my fave toys were car related.

I had a battery powered Bigfoot that was good, various RC cars (never a 'proper' one though), a 32 wheel thing that had articulated sections that could get over some massive obstacles, a track thing that came in sections that were 'poseable' so you could make hills out of it. It had large red turning circles at the end.

And Big Loader, which is now in a Thomas the Tank Engine guise.

And of course, lego, meccano & scalextric…

Padowan
    Free Member

Were they called "RoughRiders"? I had one of them I loved the switchable high-speed 2WD, low speed 4WD option and customisable gear knobs"

Personal favourite was Lego, particularly Technic stuff. Lego's really gone downhill in my opinion these days though, there's so many function-specific parts I think that some of the engineering creativity has been lost.

5thElefant
    Free Member

and/or

ton

enjoy

stumpy01

Yeah, I think they were called Rough Riders. I think I had two of the A-Team ones they did as well.

And then there's Darda (or Dada?) Motors as well. They were great – much better than Hot Wheels.

AgentOrange
    Free Member

Without a doubt – Just wished I had kept it in the box and not buried my my Evel figure in the garden, like some sort of pre David Blaine magic stunt. Would be worth £100's now….

carlosg
    Free Member

Loved this bike for years I cried buckets when I had to get rid of it.
    (not this exact bike , this is just a pic I ripped of t'interweb 😈 )

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member
    brick
    Free Member

Evel Kneivel was rubbish; rev it up and…..falls over.
    Big Track was rubbish; programme for hours and…..the dog would get in the way.

I liked my Action Man. I was given an elder neighbours complete collection in about 1982. I had everything!
    Also liked Scalextric and Micronauts. And Airfix 1:32 plastic soldiers. And the Multipose kit ones too. Ace.
    And Tamiya kits a few years later. LRDG lorry & SAS Willys jeep particular favourites…

jond
    Free Member

Evel Knievel was ace 🙂 – just had to keep repairing things like footpegs.
    Favourite – probably lego – but across the years I had (and still have some of these in the loft) – Johnny Astro, Action Man, Little Big Man, Matt Mason, Lone Ranger, Flightdeck, Corgi Rockets…

Only recently bought a decent amount of Scalextric for a road summer party the other year, that's sitting up on boxes in the spare room 😉

snowslave

Action man obsessed, also airfix kits, toy soldiers (used to spend hours painting them) and generally anything to do with war was good. My Chopper bike was also the business.

TheDoog
    Free Member

Just looking at the chopper picture, i'm sure mine never had a rear mech it had a geared hub! Tell me i'm not wrong!!

Bike, sledge, Scalextric & my big brother train set, old 3 rail hornby most of which I still have

Surfr
    Free Member

That's my childhood right there in 3 images.

tyger
    Free Member

grahamh – how did the Golden tune-up Key work? I can't remember although I'm sure I had them.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

well spotted doog – sturmey archer hib gears iirc (and mine's wasn't pink either)

+1 for the johnny astro forum

Caher

spacehopper, football and my first bike kept me fit for life.

slowjo
    Free Member

meccano
    bike

jon1973
    Free Member

BBC? pffft, I was always a Speccy;

Notter
    Free Member

This was the first computer at home, none of that rubber keyboard rubbish 😉

grahamh
    Free Member

Golden key, from what I remember it allowed you to remove the wheel assembly and swap them between cars..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Favourite toy as a child?’ is closed to new replies.