Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Favourite Museum
  • Philby

Te Papa – New Zealand’s National Museum in Wellington.

Waderider
    Free Member

Orkney Wireless museum is excellent. I like the Scottish Museum of Rural Life also.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

The two steam engines, one by Boulton & Watt, still working at…

Crofton Beam Engines

timba
    Free Member

Coventry Transport Museum is free, although some simulator exhibits aren’t. It’s also very good, and includes bikes
    The British Motor Museum is not free, doesn’t include bikes, but is also very good
    Bosworth Battlefield is a good family and kids day, although it’s not at Bosworth and about a mile from the battlefield 🙂 (there’s an exhibit explaining its position using recent research)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

MONA – for what it is and for what it is doing locally. Privately owned, free to locals and just mind blowing
    https://mona.net.au/

eddiebaby
    Free Member

And another for Pitt Rivers although the Oxford Natural History Museum just pips it in my head.

0T0A1946

MoreCashThanDash

The Devil’s Porridge museum just past Gretna.

Fascinating insight into two very important parts of WW1 that I’d never knew existed. And run by a delightfully amateurish team of enthusiastic volunteers.

scruffywelder
    Free Member

Don’t know if Eden Camp near Pickering counts as a museum but really enjoyed visiting it a couple of years ago.

+1 for Threlkeld Quarry and the Vintage Excavator Trust. Only about 10mins from Keswick and a great place to lose yourself for a few hours

Yak

Weald & Downland and Butser Ancient Farm are pretty good at this time of year.

colournoise

avdave2 – Member
    Vasa museum in Stockholm. Stunning.

This. Not overly interested in ships, but as a model of what a museum should be it’s amazing. Great food in the cafe too.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Favourite Museum’ is closed to new replies.