• This topic has 90 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Favourite bakery product – Aka how good are crumpets?
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Can’t stand pastry, it doesn’t agree with me – crumpets are THE best day-to-day baked good, but for a bit of ‘special’ Welsh Cakes, GYSOT.

PMK2060

A good scone does it for me….with clotted cream and jam.

MrOvershoot

As someone who works in the production of the main base ingredient of Bakery goods.
    I have taken it upon myself to test most of the products mentioned above & IMO its fine as Binners say’s life’s too short to make it yourself.

But given I have an endless supply of over 100 variety’s of flour to work with nothing beats that “**** ME that’s lush” moment when you create something truly sublime.

Most of this probably accounts for the fact I have to put the Max pressure on the charts for forks & shocks 😳

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

gordimhor – Member
    A bridie from The Bakery in Acharacle that’s all

Oooohhhh, bridies! Binners would absolute love bridies! Need to get a STW northern chapter Scottish Binners bridie weekend organised…..

binners

That sounds like a fine idea! Bikes and bridies! What’s not to like? 😀

paladin

kcal – Member
    butteries FTW. Like croissants, but salty and lardy.

Heated.
    With butter.
    And Marmite.

jools182
    Free Member

Ho’s Chinese bakery in Manchester

Chicken curry pasties, roast pork buns, honey buns

Also as already mentioned pain au chocolat or croissants from a good French boulangerie

julianwilson
    Free Member

Although usually made in industrial bakeries, technically crumpets aren’t really ‘baked’. Although having worked in one for a while, i would say that the machine that makes them really is also a thing of marvellous mechanical wonder. 🙂
    http://www.griddlesystems.com/crumpet.php

I expect standards have changed now, but in my day we had very very clean hands and no gloves, (actually i can’t imagine working with normal food prep gloves on in that heat), and working on the lovely greasy crumpet line gave you lovely soft skin by the end of a shift. 😆

TiRed

There is never a wrong time for a scone.

binners

I had to resurect this thread as Mrs Binners just came home with news that Morrisons are feeding our addictions further with salt and pepper barms (they say rolls, but they’re barms) as well as their salt and pepper/carck cocaine baguettes.

Now you can get your fix at lunchtimes too. Cheese and onion on a salt and peppr barm. We’re now into crysal meth levels of moreishness

DrJ

Proper Scandi cinnamon rolls

/thread

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Favourite bakery product – Aka how good are crumpets?’ is closed to new replies.