• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Favour to ask – anyone own a turbo trainer in the Epsom area?
  • overthebars
    Free Member

Bit of an odd one, but I work for a little charity in Epsom calledMERU and we make and adapt equipment for disabled children. One of our recent referrals has been for a device that will allow a young lady to use her trike as a bit of an exercise bike, so that she can build up the muscles in her legs. We were thinking that we could use a standard turbo trainer and some rollers to provide some resistance (that could be increased if necessary later on), but we’re a bit worried that the resistance could be too much initially, even on the lowest setting, for her to be able to pedal.

Does anyone have a turbo trainer (any sort) that they would be willing to lend, say for a week, so that we could try it out? It wouldn’t be used or abused in any way, we just want to see what the resistance might be like. We’re based in Epsom, Surrey and would be happy to collect and return it.

Is it possible to ‘switch off’ the resistance on any types? Sorry if this is showing my complete ignorance of these things, I’ve never used one (would rather go out and get wet/muddy!)

Thanks in advance!

Hayley

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Favour to ask – anyone own a turbo trainer in the Epsom area?’ is closed to new replies.