Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Favorite place
  • trent-spam
    Free Member

What’s your favorite place in the world?

RustySpanner

Snowdonia.

Nowhere else in the world do I feel quite as relaxed and happy as I do there.

Suppose it’s to do with spending a lot of time there and on Anglesey as a kid.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Rhossili bay, same reasons as RS.

youngrob

Where I live, the Tweed Valley, with Skye a very close second.

kilo

Inny Valley, Kerry; quiet, friendly people got my bikes there a couple of shonk motorbikes as well, it’s got one pub & patchy mobile signal – home away from home.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Marloes, Pembrokeshire. The most perfect coastline anywhere.

alwillis

Xonrupt-longmer, les Vosges, France. Happy memories, great trails, friendly people, still untouched by British tourists

hammyuk
    Free Member

Arico – no place like it….

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Banff Canada. That place is perfect to me.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Sitting out a hailstorm in a small cave in the peak district was the most comfortable I can remember feeling. Don’t suppose that moment can ever be replicated but if I need grounding Snowdonia is my first choice of destination.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

NYC, running over Brooklyn Bridge

alwillis

A late second choice would be the Baden Powell trail on Vancouver’s north shore. All 50km of it is awesome to run or walk.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Rhosneigr bay or the top of Tryfan.

yossarian
    Free Member

The isle of sheppey

franksinatra

If I needed to run away from it all, the best place I have found so far is

Mamas Place, Pehentian Besar

But if I had to choose just one place where I am more at peace than anywhere else, Ogwen Valley for me.

Gotama
    Free Member

Top of a mountain, be it alps, rockies, wherever, but a proper peak. In wintertime and one that required some effort to get there. Amazing views, peaceful silence with the background feeling of the power of nature hidden within a nice deep snowpack.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hard to choose, Ardnamurchan Point is high up the leader board. Or up any hill or mountain with the day ahead of me. Porlock campsite on Saturday night anticipating Sundays ride. The Hunters Lodge with my friends, beers in Innsbruck centre. Messing about off piste at stubai gletcher. The bakery at namchee bazaar eating apple pie, up on the Mendip by Wendy’s cache.

Being at home is not that high, except after some time away.

brakes
    Free Member

The fridge by moonlight.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Favorite place’ is closed to new replies.