Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • faulty Exposure Maxx-D light? just checking i'm not missing anything obv
  • fatmax

Hi folks
    I’ve just bought from Evans mail order an Exposure Maxx-D at what I thought was a (relative) bargain at £207 for the Mk5 (1600 lumens). Charged it up at work today with the hope of riding it home tonight. Switched it on and only three of the four bulbs appear to be working. I’ve been through the various programmes that you can set and its the same in all of them.
    Just a quick check that I’m not being thick/missing something obvious – a button I need to press, or a need to reset it etc? I’m guessing the bulb is fecked and that I need to ship it back to Evans.
    Disappointed, as I think it was the last one on sale at that price, and obviously thought I was paying for the quality.
    Cheers
    FTM

Daffy

Broken. You could contact USE directly; they’re pretty good with warranty stuff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Go to use direct they were good with me

Warning evans are selling warrenty returned stock cheap. I know this as mine still ha the letter in detailing the exact fault i had!

fatmax

That’s interesting Trail Rat, as it wasn’t advertised as that, but 40% seemed a massive discount. I’d seen it the week before but then it went from the website, only to reappear – hope they haven’t put a returned product back on sale. Will give Evans a shout tomorrow and hope they sort me out.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

FWIW – Exposure’s after care is awesome… if Evans mess you around go straight to Exposure.

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Straight to Exposure +1. Its deffo iffy, all LED’s should light up at differing brightness depending on what settings, never only 3, thats not how the settings work as far as I know. I had a problem with my Mk6 Maxx-D after a couple of rides. USE were super helpful and provided you still have proof of purchase were happy to deal directly. They send you a returns number by email after you ring them, so you can send it to them, rang me back within 24hrs of receiving my light with a full report on what had been done and what the issue was. Received it back the next day, all fettled and perfect. Great service. Why bother taking it back to a shop only for it to sit on someones desk for 3 days until thay have a batch of stuff to send back, then have it returned to store and wait for them to ring you. Not suggesting that Evans after sales would be like this, but it happens at a lot of places

trail_rat
    Free Member

mine wasnt sold as such either fatmax

got it – used it – had issue – went to get the reciept from the box and out fell a letter from a previous owner detailing the fault exactly…..

lucky it was very cheap 😀

USE were absolutely top notch in dealing with it.

Saccades
    Free Member

USE were great to deal with even when out of warrenty – my Race Maxx wasn’t charging properly. I thought it was the battery dying, the shop I bought it from had closed (and I suspect had gotten it from CRC in a sale tbh anyway) plus it was way over the 2 years of ownership.

USE had a look, couldn’t find anything wrong and sent me a new charger FOC – which solved the problem.

verses

Just found this thread after returning my “bargain” Maxx-D to Evans.

Mine had a few minor cosmetic marks on the case which I’d not expect on a new bit of kit (I would probably have overlooked these). Also it only seemed to work on full power – toggling through high/med/low on the different OMS settings all had the same brightness causing it to get warm quite quickly.

Not sure what I want to happen now.

It was a bargain price for “selling off last years model” but not quite such a bargain for a refurb and they no longer have the discounted mk5 on the site so presumably can’t just swap it for another.

verses

Just as a follow up.

I sent it back to Evans (they refunded the postage) and have just received a replacement. The different light modes appear to work fine and the case/body of the light has none of the marks/etc that the previous one had.
    I’ve no reason to believe that this is a refurb, although I am suspicious after the the condition of the previous one.

Anyway, I’m very happy with the resolution 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘faulty Exposure Maxx-D light? just checking i'm not missing anything obv’ is closed to new replies.