Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fatty+Pentlands+Snow+high Winds=
  • lightman
    Free Member

A good old laugh!

It started off with nice 2-4″ snow, easily ridable on the Fatty, then heading back over from Castlelaw past the Rifle Range, it started to get a bit silly!
    The snow started to get deeper, 4-6″, still just ridable, and then the 4-5 foot snow drifts started hindering my progress quite severally.
    Stopped to take a few pics at the top, and then the white out started with extra high winds just to try and blow me over, but I was having none of it!
    I started of on the decent and had to put my sunglasses on because the snow was stinging my eyes and I couldn’t see, but I put the lights on full and tried to not get blown of the path on the decent.
    It got down to -3, but the wind made it feel a LOT colder than that.

I did see one other bike light up their tonight, was anyone here up there?

stuey
    Free Member

Looks like…

<That gives me an idea for a new frame>

kcr
    Free Member

Good show!
    We all came up with good excuses tonight. Watching pedestrians falling over everywhere was exciting enough for me. Thanks to Marathon Winters I was the most stable thing in Morrison’s car park!

13thfloormonk

Nicely done! I’ve had some epics in the snow coming over Castlelaw, that road really seems to catch it.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Sooooo tempted to go up there today, should be pretty good even on a normal bike. Looks like its staying cold for the next 24 hours so hopefully be good tomorrow.

vorlich
    Free Member

You should! It’s lovely out there, blues skies and relatively calm.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Ah, it does look tempting but unless it warms up tonight I think it’ll still be there tomorrow. A bit of this over the hiday season wouldn’t go amiss either.

Northwind

Love those photos, especially the last one. Anyone else predicting a spell of mad snowmelt ice now? Might get the spikes on

scotroutes

Loads more snow in Aviemore today – and I think it’s heading south.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m working in Juniper Green today and its not shifting very fast. Also its quite crunchy with a bit of give so if it stays like this I think it should be good tomorrow. Please let it be good.

kcal

Lot of snow around 11am here (NE). Soon turned to slush / rain. Yuk.

And got to take daughter to panto in Inverness tonight (oh no I haven’t..)

Hooter
    Free Member

Ski googles are the answer for walking/cycling with snowfall and high winds

AlasdairMc

I went up the Kirkgate today on my way home – it’s ice all the way up so I was sliding around all over the place. Some good powder in places though – it looks like there will be some skiing in the hills this weekend.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Just been up this morning, studs would be a good idea if you have them, fair bit of ice about.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fatty+Pentlands+Snow+high Winds=’ is closed to new replies.