Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 184 total)
  • fattist idiots!!
  • Tiger6791
    BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

nd i love fat birds too, so much more fun…

woohoo bouncy bouncy, bit like shagging on a waterbed

richwales

Fair enough if it's manual work, will it really make a difference if all the job entails is sitting on your ass in an office.

IanMunro
    Free Member

As I mentioned earlier, wear and tea on carpets and they break chairs.
    Plus the biscuit tin empties quickly.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

will it really make a difference if all the job entails is sitting on your ass in an office

If their waistline is an indicator of laziness could you really trust them not to sit around posting on internet forums all day?

BigDummy
    Free Member

These threads always boils down to one basic question: is being fat more like being a catholic, or being a dwarf?

If it's like being a catholic (i.e. – your own silly fault, what were you thinking you disgusting excuse for a human being?) then they're fair game and can be hunted with dogs for sport. If it's more like being a dwarf (i.e. – you were born with it, it wasn't your fault and being hired out for stag parties doesn't really compensate for the inconvenience) then obviously compassion is called for.

And what if some people are only pretending they were born fat? The whole subject is very complex, morally speaking. 🙂

Talkemada
    Free Member

These threads always boils down to one basic question: is being fat more like being a catholic, or being a dwarf?

Hmm, I don't think anyone 'chooses' to be fat realy. It's more the result of not exercising enough/eating too much in the vast majority of cases. I don't think anyone really sits down and thinks 'I want to be fat', like they would choose to follow a religion etc.

And whilst many folk could truly do with getting off their arses more, being overweight isn't necessarily an indication that someone's a bad person. I'm sure there's plenty of nasty skinny people out there.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Hmm, I don't think anyone 'chooses' to be fat really
    People choose not to be though 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

If you don't want the likely outcome of a course of action, but you voluntarily undertake the course of action, have you chosen the outcome? I'd say you probably had.

And yes, skinny people are often vile. 🙂

BermBandit
    Free Member

It is a fact that obesity carries with it a raft of health issues. That being the case why is it not reasonable for a potential employer to take that into account as part of a recruitment i.e score against fat people on the basis that on balance their health is likley to be less good than a less obese person?

samuri
    Free Member

I think history shows us who the true villians are.

http://listverse.com/2007/09/05/top-10-most-evil-men/

This shows us that with the exception of Idi Amin (who to be fair was really small potatoes to the other guys), the worlds worst people are reasonably skinny.

However, this is probably due to the increased intelligence and sharpness that is commonly associated with being skinny.

Jamie
    Free Member

However, this is probably due to the increased intelligence and sharpness that is commonly associated with being skinny.

As well as Vlad The Impaler not having a local McDonalds.

Talkemada
    Free Member

i.e score against fat people on the basis that on balance their health is likley to be less good than a less obese person?

Ah, but not medically proven to be any worse, in any individual case, however. A tubster could be a lot healthier than a skinny rake.

Mental health issues are far more likely to have an impact on an individual's ability to do a job than weight, but you can't see those….

enfht
    Free Member

There's a fat bird in work who's always off sick "because of her back", nothing to do with her girth affecting her back then… 🙄

Fatties can be slated because it's their fault, end of, the fat bastards

BermBandit
    Free Member

but not medically proven to be any worse, in any individual case

Really, so you can you honestly point at a situation where being obese is good for the overall health of any individual?

Mental health issues are far more likely to have an impact on an individual's ability to do a job than weight

Really? Do tell how do you work that one out.

Tiger6791

Be careful what you say!!

Talkemada
    Free Member

Really, so you can you honestly point at a situation where being obese is good for the overall health of any individual?

There are many instances of people being malnourished and underfed. It's just that overweight people are easier to spot…

Really? Do tell how do you work that one out.

Why, are you too thick to work it out yourself?

Fatties can be slated because it's their fault, end of, the fat bastards

What a happy little World you inhabit…

coffeeking
    Free Member

One could assume that fat people are indeed more likely to be off ill, for a whole variety of reasons. And that'd be fair enough. But you could also assume that anyone doing activities like MTBing is likely to be off ill more often than your average keyboard-jockey, so would you penalise them too? I'm not one for giving the green light to fatness, as I think it does no-one any good, but there's a line your employer needs to stop at unless it can be shown to significantly affects the work of the employee in question (case by case)

Talkemada
    Free Member

But you could also assume that anyone doing activities like MTBing is likely to be off ill more often than your average keyboard-jockey, so would you penalise them too?

Here's a thing; just say you have an accident whilst out on your bike, and end up permanently disabled. Can I therefore poke fun at you because it's 'your fault'?

Whilst it's true people need to take responsibility for their own actions, is it then fair to abuse them because they've been less than perfect with their decisions?

Personally, I'd rather work with a whole load of fat people (or indeed anyone), than some of the ignorant, narrow-minded prejudiced tossers on here… 🙄

BigDummy
    Free Member

Please can I have the hundred?

Thanks 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

But to the afflicted… why can't you just say 'no'?

Same reason any addict can't. Smokers, coke-heads, workaholics etc etc.

Incidentally, I'd wager that a hell of a lot (if not most) 'thinnies' probably eat far too much as well, but they have the metabolism to deal with it. I've hardly met a bloke who is consciously trying to keep their calories under control. They are either podgy/fat or congenitally skinny. Very few men are actually trying to diet.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

if we're going to defend the overweight I think it only fair not to discriminate against idiots (those of low IQ) too…

Stoner
    Free Member

being an idiot isnt elective its an unavoidable state for many. Take fred for example.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Smokers, coke-heads, workaholics

This is where I have a significant problem with this whole discussion. A vast proportion of British people are jolly big, and far more are jolly big now than was the case 50 years ago. Are we seriously saying that all of these people are "food addicts" and that many of them are also suffering from an "exercise intolerance"?

I absolutely understand that a lot of people do have psychological problems with their eating habits and that for a lot of people weight gain is bound up with low self-esteem, depression etc etc. But I'd love to have a feel for roughly what proportion of the seriously over-weight this represented. If it's in fact very high, fine. That would affect our view of the whole issue. But I can't help feeling that it simply isn't an "addiction" for the bulk of people, it's simply a habit. Don't know, and I doubt this thread will enlighten me. Ah well. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I've hardly met a bloke who is consciously trying to keep their calories under control.

Speaking personally, I am consciously trying to keep my waistline under control. And while I may have a "high metabolism" I also take masses of exercise and watch what I eat. I'm not scientific about it, admittedly. What you never, ever see is a big person who says "I'm lucky I've got a really fast metabolism, imagine what I'd be like if I had a really slow one". 🙂

trailmonkey

But I can't help feeling that it simply isn't an "addiction" for the bulk of people, it's simply a habit.

I doubt that it's habit or addiction. More likely a combination of poor diet choices, sedentary lifestyles, excessive alchohol consumption, poor education, lack of self control and the inability to take control of their own destiny when things are spiralling out of control.
    I have to battle with weight gain and I can pin point some of those factors in my case, I just choose to act upon them.

ton

**** heck, is this still going…………fat is cool….fact.

and fat birds are always moist……downstairs…… 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

and fat birds are always moist.

roll'em in flour and aim for the damp patch eh? 😉

ton

😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Very few men are actually trying to diet.

Really? You must have missed the myriad of threads about men wanting to lose weight, of which there was one only today….oh plus the 2010 FatClub thread.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    being an idiot isnt elective its an unavoidable state for many.

You're right. You can't help it, which is why I won't take the piss out of you.

molgrips
    Free Member

Are we seriously saying that all of these people are "food addicts"

A significant proportion, if not a majority. Most of us are born with a food addiction after all. Our brains respond to fat, sugar and salt.

What you never, ever see is a big person who says "I'm lucky I've got a really fast metabolism, imagine what I'd be like if I had a really slow one"

I have heard this several times. People who are lucky often acknowledge it ime.

I doubt that it's habit or addiction. More likely a combination of poor diet choices, sedentary lifestyles, excessive alchohol consumption, poor education, lack of self control and the inability to take control of their own destiny when things are spiralling out of control.

Why do we make poor diet choices when we know things are bad for us? Why do we drink to much or smoke? Habit, or addiction in many cases. Self control? Same.

It's all interlinked. Some people are in denial, some can't help themselves. I'd suggest that if you don't understand the phrase 'self loathing' then you may not be in a sufficiently informed position to comment on fat people.

For some, it can be helpful to tell them to stop being so self indulgent and get a grip. For others, hearing this day in, day out and still failing can just promote a vicious circle descending in to depression and mental ill health. Which then in turn could lead to the use of denial as a coping strategy.

You must have missed the myriad of threads about men wanting to lose weight

I was talking about the general population, not STW.

theboatman
    Free Member

and fat birds are always moist……downstairs

Is this due to excessive sweating and creams that stop chaffing?

Stoner
    Free Member

nah. Its milkshake smuggling.

iDave
    Free Member

the other unpleasant off-shoot is the noisy wheezy breathing thing while at rest

stuey
    Free Member

After scanning this thread – I had to eat three walnut whirls.

MrSmith
    Free Member

that weird nasal breathing thing is creepy.
    and why do fat people always blame other people for their condition?
    more calories in than you burn = fat. it's not difficult to see this relationship.

America has more than it's fair share of fatties. Americans co-incidentally eat more than their fair share of food.

Fat people that I've encountered at work, generally (but not exclusively) tend to be the ones that do less. I sat behind a desk, ate too much food and got too little exercise for a while a year of two ago and ended up 15st. I hated my body, was crap on a bike and generally felt unhealthy.

I got a grip of myself, built a new bike, got more exercise and stopped eating food for the sake of it (i.e. when hungry rather than a set time and actually stopping before feeling too full). I lost 2.5st in a couple of months and it's stayed that way since.

I see far too many lazy wasters (usually driving their free motability car to the bookies/pub/cafe), eating far too much food and doing too little of anything else for anyone to convince me that any more than a very small percentage of fat people have no choice.

joolsburger
    Free Member

There is a world of difference between a person like me who is big and knows it and a seriously mentally ill person who is let's say 10 stone over weight.

I don't normally feed the trolls but would you make the same offensive comments about a anorexic person as you do about a obese person?

The kind of ignorance demonstrated by some people on here makes me sick to my considerable stomach.

Just to clarify – I'm totally at ease with differentiating between big and fat people.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘fattist idiots!!’ is closed to new replies.