Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Fatherhood
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You’ll be fine. Kids are boring and annoying for the first few months though.

And contrary to popular belief you will still be able to get time to ride your bike.

Mugboo

Its just 5 weeks till ‘Frank’ enters the world and i am now looking forward to this little miracle.

Its only in the last few weeks that i have started to look forward to the challenge that is fatherhood.

The first scan blew me away with the amount of jumping around compared with all those crap photo’s i’ve seen (why do people think you’ll be interested..). But it still didn’t make me want one…..Now, bring it on, sleep, overrated!! 😯

Xylene
    Free Member

Thanks STW massive for your words of wisdom, bar the one snipe, all very interesting to read.

Makes me feel a lot better that it’s not just me being a twunt.

RichPenny
    Free Member

My mrs is about 15 weeks. I did find the first scan and listening to the heartbeat pretty cool. At this stage though, it’d be tough for you to be as attached to the baby as your partner! Most of my attention is now on my partners general wellbeing. Looking forward to riding more when baby is here as well 🙂

Also, when does the sanctimoniousness kick in? Immediately after birth, or do I have to wait a few months?

anagallis_arvensis

Kimbers my baby is cuter than yours 😀

clcicky, hope this works!!

monksie
    Free Member

Just my experience with complete honesty but I have to say, although I love her dearly and she will say she has the best dad in the world, becoming a dad was the 2nd worst thing that I could ever have done (the first being getting into a work accident that has mentally and to a much lesser degree physically kiboshed me).
    Maybe being a dad is not for you or you might as others above had said, love it.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I was excited during the pregnancy, intensely overjoyed and emotional at the birth and adore my 8 month old daughter more and more every day, watching her personality develop is fantastic.

However this is my second child, my first with my ex-wife was a whole different ball game, I just wasn’t mature enough and the relationship wasn’t solid.

Hope it all works out for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Fatherhood’ is closed to new replies.