• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by emyr.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fatboy test ride, brilliant!!
  • Mounty_73

Just been on a test ride, a Trek Stache 29+, absolutely bloody brilliant!!

I was grinning from start to finish. So come on lets hear about your fatboy bikes, pro’s and cons etc.

I am serioously on the market for one now after that ride! 😉

cheekyget
    Free Member

Look similar to a fat bike…..nice
    Pros……proper fun…best fun on a bike ever!!
    Cons….. It’s like a celebrity ….as if the bike is beckham or something….people won’t leave you alone and they want to touch it ……

grannyjone
    Free Member

I heard they are slower on the flat and ascent than a regular MTB is this true?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

only if you pedal slower.

Thats only partialy sarcastic, in reality yes its harder work sometimes, but not so hard that you cant do it, so you just have to get fitter than the group average. Plenty of people race XC on them and don’t come last.

emyr

Not if the terrain is loose/technical and traction is a limiting factor.

Get a proper fatbike.

v666ern
    Free Member

I was grinning from start to finish. So come on lets hear about your fatboy bikes, pro’s and cons etc.

you’ll need to grow a beard for it to be right

pictures or it didnt happen… 8)

Suggsey
    Free Member

I’ve had to push up some really loose gravel climbs that my mate just spins up on his Spesh Fatboy…..I don’t need one, but I want one a lot…..

benji
    Free Member

If you like it but it, bought a Specialized fatboy earlier in the year can’t keep off it, love it grin inducing capable fun machine.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i’m seriously considering the 24″ fun fatty from oneone or similar for my boys xc bike.. it does look fun…

rOcKeTdOg

3″ isn’t fat though, more semi skimmed. They do look ace & I was surprised how light the stache I picked up was

emyr

Not fat, just chubby.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fatboy test ride, brilliant!!’ is closed to new replies.