Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Fatbikes
  • muddyground
    Free Member

Full bike would have been £1,300. Mine nearer half that again. Not so much of a bargain. Kind of enjoy the process though, and have been down this road six times now.

rOcKeTdOg

For the fat curious who are reluctant to go the whole hog with the addition of SS nicheness http://cooker27plus.chargebikes.com/cooker-0/

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

People who say they can keep with other riders on normal size wheels and tyre are clearly fitter than they think .

I’m 100kg, 38″ waist trousers and think of pork pies as a nice snack but not really enough for a meal.

You would have to try pretty hard to consider yourself less fit than me!

It’s slower, but not unreasonably slow. My KOM on my commute is actually on my fatty, previous best was on my XC 29er. I’m not saying the fatty is faster, it’s probably more to do with getting lucky with junctions and chasing someone down on the final mile, but it’s not ‘slow’. Best analogy would be riding a rigid bike with soft compound DH tyres, in fact I don’t even think it’s that slow.

tezatron
    Free Member

So does anyone have or know someone who has had any first hand experiences with the Cooker Maxi 1?

nemesis
    Free Member

It’s quite a different experience between 650b+ and full fat, wouldn’t you say, RD? I’ve ridden both and my Swift is currently b+ and for me it’s a much more got the compromise how I wanted it – noticeably better on rocky trails when riding rigid but not that much slower.

I found full fat noticeably harder on climbs than a standard mtb but also noticeably better on rocky trails than b+ – essentially widening the extremes of how it works, as you’d maybe expect.

benji
    Free Member

Damm you RocketDog that’s another bike I need to buy just to add to the stable of niche.

rOcKeTdOg

found full fat noticeably harder on climbs than a standard mtb

Yes sort of until it gets muddy then the fatty just leaves standard tyres, even mud specific ones floundering

It’s quite a different experience between 650b+ and full fat,

I’ve only tried full fat or 29+ so can’t comment

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I was rolling down a hill on my cannondale with 2.3 tyres on and my mate on his charge cooker stopped peddling and I literally just pulled away . The resistance is quite massive

You could say the same about an MTB vs a Roadbike/Hybrid. Doesn’t mean one is betterer than the other. They’re just different.

drofluf
    Free Member

nemesis – are you running 650b+ on an old Swift or one of the newer frames?

tezatron
    Free Member

Whoever suggested Facebook is a legend. 2 month old Maxi 1 paid for and awaiting delivery next week. Yippee.

nemesis
    Free Member
    drofluf
    Free Member

@nemesis – Thanks!

rickmeister

Happy to help, tezatron… Enjoy your new ride….

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Fatbikes’ is closed to new replies.