Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Fatbike – what pedals
  • rpallen
    Free Member

I have SPD on my XC Full Suss. Burt unsure what to go for on a sonn to be Fat bike.

What is the recommended pedal of choice? SPD, Flat or a dual?

Poopscoop

I don’t own a fatty but if you want to try some good flatties out at a reasonable price I’d recommend NP Electrons.

NormalMan

^ I use electrons on mine.

Bez

We have fatbike-specific pedals now?

scotroutes

My fatbike is the only one on which I usually use flats. Partly that’s to prevent snow and ice build up on cleats and pedals, partly as non-cleated soles are better insulated and partly to allow easier dabbing in slippy conditions

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Really? How did you manage to buy a fat bike with this level of uncertainty, in reality I think some 105 Road pedals would be awesome

pacerc100
    Free Member

Flats for me on the fat bike but SPD’s on everything else.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just to buck the trend, SPD’s. Depends on where/what you ride, mines just trail centers, woodsy singletrack and XC. If it was for snow then flat pedals (or crank brothers egg beaters) might be more usefull.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Flats on all my bikes. Superstar Delta Mags on the Fatty.

keefmac

nukeproof electrons on mine too, good platform with plenty of pins

Poopscoop

Never realised electrons were so popular!

andyjh

My Fatbike has just come back out for winter bike duties. Normally ride SPD’s but this year I’ve decided to try flats for the first time as hoping it will keep my feet warmer plus in these conditions I figure flats might work better with the mud etc. I had a pair Shimano Saints laying around so going with these for now and just bought a pair of 5:10 Elements to keep the worst of the water out.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I use MG-1’s

Northwind

What do you want to do on it, is probably the only question that matters. If you’re going to ride your normal stuff, no reason not to use your normal pedals I think. If it’ll do something outwith that, like lots of snow riding etc, then take that into account.

Goldigger
    Free Member

These should pass as “fatpedals”

nealglover
    Free Member

What do you want to do on it, is probably the only question that matters. If you’re going to ride your normal stuff, no reason not to use your normal pedals I think

…. And your normal bike too 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My Fatty Is my normal bike.

dovebiker

Don’t over-think this – I use clipless like all my other bikes. I’m off to the arctic this winter and will use Wolvhammer boots and Time pedals.

NormalMan

eddiebaby – Member
    My Fatty Is my normal bike

I never thought I’d say it but I’m in the same boat now.

andyv
    Free Member

Crank Brother’s Mallets using 5:10 raven shoes. Fat bike, pedals and shoes all in.harmony.

Leaving flats to the dark ages where they belong 😉

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

XT trail

rpallen
    Free Member

Thanks all. Will start with SPDs for now – I have some spare M520’s – but may move to flats

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Fatbike – what pedals’ is closed to new replies.