Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Fatality on Leith Hill
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Sadly the rider who was reported to have had a serious fall on Leith Hill yesterday has I believe died. Take care folks.

RIP

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/leith-hill-fall-cyclist-police-13336989

soundninjauk

🙁

That’s awful news. Do you know where he came off?

Dark-Side

Awful news. My thoughts are with his friends and family.

qwerty
    Free Member

Fatality
    on Leith Hill

A man in his 50s was taken to hospital by air ambulance, where he remains in a critical condition with his family by his side.

Err, it’s bad, but he’s not dead.

tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

I rode past there yesterday and saw it all taped off with a policeman taking away a bike, terrible news

stany
    Free Member

@qwerty

The rider died later I hospital from injuries – a broken neck by FB reports.
    Very sad and a reminder of how easy it can be for something to go catastrophically wrong.
    No idea who the rider was at the moment, but I believe a Dorking local, known to friends.
    Thoughts are with his family

qwerty
    Free Member

Ahh – I was reading from the link supplied. Condolences.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Shucks such a tragedy

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Very sad indeed and as said above,could befall anyone of us at anytime .

spacemonkey

FFS that’s terrible.

No doubt Big Jim will hear of this and it might well reinforce his intentions further.

Thoughts with rider’s family.

mattjg
    Free Member

I’m told the site was Heads Roll, by the drill site, the other side of Coldharbour Lane from Redlands.

Take care all.

Thoughts with all affected, on behalf of myself and my riding buddies.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Awful news

RIP and condolences to all affected.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just googled that trial on YT – quite a few gap jumps,on it??

mattjg
    Free Member

Heads Roll is a jump area rather than a trail. Jumps from tiny to big. Some semi-natural using the terrain slope.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have see a name on Facebook, local rider from Coldharbour. Ride on.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Some more info from Facebook, a regular rider known to Nirvana Cycles in Westcott and was out in Italy with Riviera Bike in May this year, they spoke very kindly of him.

Tough times, take care

LittleNose
    Free Member

Very sad news indeed… thoughts are with all those who knew him

tonyja
    Free Member

Very very sad. My thoughts are with family and friends and also everyone connected through Nirvana.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Mods – can you remove the trail references by any chance? We really don’t want to go down that route. Tragic accident, could have happened anywhere. That’s enough.

Also, is it wise to talk about who it was and the outcome as I don’t think it’s been officially announced and maybe not all have been informed yet?

Anyway, very sad news 🙁

mattjg
    Free Member

Mods – can you remove the trail references by any chance?

You’re right, my bad. Redacting would be good.

dougieb
    Free Member

Sadly the rider that passed away has been named – http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/father-four-great-friend-dies-13355623

Sounds like a top bloke who will be missed – RIP Mark

jambalaya
    Free Member

He was named shortly after he died, mate from Dorking Rugby Club shared the Nirvana thread so Rugby mates could see the kind words from those mountain bikers that knew him where I understand he was affectionately known as “Gay Mike”

nasher
    Free Member

We had the pleasure of meeting Mark in May this year..

Top top bloke, we had planned to meet him and his pals in August, we are totally devastated, only knew him a week but feel like we have lost an old dear friend..

RIP Mark

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Sucks.

RIP Mark King. Ride on forever.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Bugger, I’ve ridden with Kinger. He’s the only man to have ever thrown half a banana at me. I stopped mid trail and parked him behind me. Totally deserved a banana in the face.

Poor fella. Poor family.

😥

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Fatality on Leith Hill’ is closed to new replies.