Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Fat tyre fun,,,bicycle beachcombing….
  • coastkid
    Free Member

some of the things you find cycling our beaches…
    bicycle beachcombing…

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Enjoyed that and the 9 minute one.

epicyclo

😆

You've got to stop posting those videos.

I've already succumbed and ordered fat rims (100mm) and tyres. Next thing is to get some tubes and start brazing.

In the meantime it's cruel to torture me…

marty
    Free Member

we're a right clarty species.

i once found a dildo amongst the flotsam here:
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=317908&Y=677551&A=Y&Z=115

coastkid
    Free Member

hopefully the price of the new complete Salsa Mukluk -around £1500 once here in the UK will temp more folk to get a fatbike, great when the trails get soft as less damage, those 100mm rims look the bizz epicyclo 😮

singlespeedstu

If they can get the Mukluk out over here for £1500 I'll be having one.
    something tells me it'll be a bit more than that though.

househusband

If they can get the Mukluk out over here for £1500 I'll be having one. something tells me it'll be a bit more than that though.

Me too, and I fear the same…

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Cool music – what is it?

The frame will be $500 – import one and build it up.

househusband

The frame will be $500 – import one and build it up.

Wheels and tyres are the main expense for fat bikes – I know coastkid well!

cynic-al
    Free Member

What does it cost to build up a Pugsley?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Coastkid, you're going to have to organise a weds night ride down your way and the Edinburgh folk can come to you for a change!

MikeT-23
    Free Member

That was very absorbing, Coastkid.
    Excellent work.
    Does inspire one to acquire such a bike and just go with the (tide)flow!

Like Futon, I would love to know who the soundtrack is by, and what the tune is called. It was lovely – very apt for the visuals.

You've brightened my soul today. Thank you.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im slowly coming round to the fat tire way between this and stus monkey ! i like !

still think half fat is the way for most people to go who want a year round usable non hinderance bike …. but pugsleys do have a place in a collection of bikes 😀

coastkid
    Free Member

just home from work,
    ok the tune is by Le Pico and track is supernova…

agree on possible fat front for a 29er, alot of folk stateside also fit a 26" rear with 50mm rim and a 2.7" tyre for budget float, im building a semi fat kona humu soon like this,

Paul we could do a ride from Longniddry (train down/back fi the toon?) and do a loop out to gullane, HH and co have done this loop, all above the coast no sand, but…. plenty places for anyone who wants a shot of a pugsley on the beach,

my pugsley cost £1500 with a discount 😉
    since added phil wood BB and middleburn cranks,and recently an Alfine hub, before fitting the Hub this was the spec
    now i would say £1800-£2000 for a good spec,
    once the Kona is built anyone is welcome to ride the pugsley, down the coast to North Berwick and you buy the ice cream 😮

epicyclo

I intend to build my own frame – not to save money but to try out some ideas, including belt drive. I'll leave room for even fatter tyres.

I have been talking to Sandman though, so I may end up getting what I want from him.

In the meantime I have an old 1×1 which will acquire a suitably fat fork, so at least the front will be fat.

coastkid
    Free Member

epicyclo i have in a fatbike pic collection this 1×1 thats been modified to fit endo tyres,you may have seen it

epicyclo

That answers one question 🙂

I've been looking at the 1×1 frame and figuring out where it could be chopped if necessary.

I want to avoid offset if possible. I'm planning using the S-A chopper 3 speed hub which is a 170.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks CK. Would be good to get shown some EL trails sometime.

May not pedal out from Porty tho 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Fat tyre fun,,,bicycle beachcombing….’ is closed to new replies.