Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fat Chinese carbon?
  • beefheart
    Free Member

I’m looking for a set of carbon rims to replace the OO Emmentals on my Fatty Trail.
    I only need to run a 4″ tyre.
    Might also be open to a full build with Fatsno hubs.

Can anyone recommend anything or spotted any god deals?
    Nextie looks intriguing- any first hand experiences?

rOcKeTdOg

I’m going hugo next I think, on 52cm wide but should tubeless easily

rickmeister

I have a set of ICAN carbon wheels, I’m very happy. Well made, well finished and popped up tubeless no problem. ICAN were vey good to deal with… very responsive to emails.

[video]https://youtu.be/NBGCINQ4-gg[/video]

scaredypants

I have a set of ICAN carbon wheels, I’m very happy

me an’ all – though I haven’t actually ridden them much

zippykona

How much?

divenwob
    Free Member

Nextie’s here in 90mm, love how easy they go tubeless.Robust,good looking and easy to clean.

wwaswas

I’ve got some 65mm LB ones without stickers. Bit less ‘look at me’ than the Nextie ones, imo.

rickmeister

A 65mm carbon wheel set is coming up as $575 I think.

Convert that to GBP then price up Fatsos, Carbon Rim, Spokes and a build.

ICAN can be specified with Shimano / SRAM XD hub and they are great in helping with the customs declaration.

divenwob
    Free Member

Would have gone ICAN but got a great deal on a used set of Nextie.

clunker

I run Nextie’s on my Fat Bike, ride very well and better finished than the Enve’s I have on my XC bikes.

dovebiker

Been running unstickered Nextie 65mm rim for 16 months trouble-free. You can’t buy Nextie’s direct anymore, you have to go to Slam69 their ‘official’ UK distributor. Also some people have had problems with poor hole drilling. Both ICAN and XMCarbonspeed have good reps – looking to build a pair of 90/100mm rim wheels.

Northwind

I was looking at these carbon options- I do like me a carbon rim- but they don’t seem to measure up that well compared to the DT BR710- more expensive, and generally not really any lighter (for the 80mm-ish options). Though, the tubelessing seems better on most of the carbons…

divenwob
    Free Member

Travers Bikes also do Nextie

rickmeister

Northwind,

I looked at the very same thing. The carbon rims are made for tubeless, BR710 are a great rim, but literally full of holes. They can be made tubeless, if thats the way you want to go, but its tape, packing, foam, sealant….

The carbon rim I have just needed small tape squares over the spoke holes and a Jumbo Jim popped up without Latex

As I mentioned, Add up
    BR710 rim, spokes, hubs, build….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fat Chinese carbon?’ is closed to new replies.