Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Fat bike Lauf suspension fork
  • oliverracing

Great!! even more undamped suspension!!

BigJohn

How soon before all those people on BSOs start telling YOU that you’ve got the fork on backwards?

But it does look good.

scotroutes

No doubt around the £1,000 mark.

epicyclo

So basically like an undamped Girvin, not an experience I wish to repeat.

I do like the lack of crud collecting pivots.

Maybe if they added a friction damper it would be fine.

wwaswas

I think that lauf fat fork and the ‘riding down steps’ thread would make an interesting combination for someone brave.

nuke

For the simplicity i like the design and given the lack of ‘travel’ how much dampening do you need? Chipps seem to rate them when he reviewed the fork in ST

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Ref “undamped suspension”

Lauf claim on here http://laufforks.com/lauf-carbonara/

“The Lauf Carbonara has 60mm of travel with progressive spring rate. This means that the further the fork compresses the springs become stiffer. This helps keeping the fork from bottoming out while staying sensitive to small bumps. “

On sale at $909 (£590) including shipping, but that doesn’t cover the
    “+VAT and applicable duties in destination country, note that Iceland is not in the EU”

rickmeister

Someone on the fatbike forum has got one, we’re all waiting for a write up…

DT78
    Free Member

Pretty certain I saw one of this silly looking things at swinley the other week

wwaswas

Johnclimber – it may be that the spring is progressive but there’s still no rebound damping?

njee20
    Free Member

Mtbmatt had the normal one on test, and was extremely disparaging of it. Utter shit was the basic premise!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Can’t find Matt’s review but found this one

http://singletrackworld.com/reviews/lauf-trail-racer-29-fork/

njee20
    Free Member

Matt’s review was on FB. It was a photo of the forks in a bin saying ‘where they belong’.

adi66
    Free Member

They look mental…. The axle is effectively floating !

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Johnclimber – it may be that the spring is progressive but there’s still no rebound damping?

The principle is that the composite leaf springs have inherently got enough hysteresis to damp the system?

Great!! even more undamped suspension!!

Ever ridden a fat bike? At 10psi a 4″ tyres is over 2x as hard to ‘bottom out’ as a normal 2″ tyre at a normal 20psi, actually bottoming it out* is hard, bordering on impossible. All the grip and more of suspension but without actually having to bounce up and down.

*as distinct from pinch flatting on a rock.

Andy

We need (and I cant wait for) more reviews of actual users before we can really judge.

Before the Bluto brought widespread suspension usage there was lots of discussion that suspension wouldnt work with undamped 4″ tyres at 7 psi, and the Blutos work just fine – well the ones I’ve tried.

Lummox

Dt78 I reckon I saw the same person yesterday ( Lauf fork on suspension frame, with banging stereo playing loudly)

‘Twas an interesting sight

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Fat bike Lauf suspension fork’ is closed to new replies.