• This topic has 126 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Fasted rides
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

johnj2000 – Member
    Ok a question, can you lose weight on the 16/8 without doing he fasted exercise? I am considering cmng off my current diet before reaching goal weight as I am sick to the back teeth of it. Problem is the chances of me exercising in the mornng is slim so just weighing up if I can eat away at the last 9lbs with the 16/8 or whether I need to stick tis out to goal weight and then use 16/8 to maintain?

I lost weight very easily on IF 16/8 without exercise when I was addicted to a bevy of PC games back in winter. Constant monsoons kept me indoors 😆

9lbs will come off quickly on 16/8, quicker still with exercise fasted, or still pretty quick with exercise in the evening none fasted. The great part about it is the exercise part isn’t essential.

Majority of my life i’ve gone with 6 small meals a day, grazing style eating, what the supplement companies and fitness industry recommends, (to sell protein shakes 😆 ) and this got me up to my peak of 14.5 stone a few years back.

My body would get calories on waking, all day, and calories at supper before sleep, running off readily ingested food, never a need to dig into my fat stores. Fasting flips this on its head, and will eat into those hard to reach fat stores for fuel.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

sadexpunk – Member

@sadexpunk
    but that does sound like a maintenance plan rather than weight loss otherwise you would have vanished from sight after 3 yrs on it

its whatever i want it to be. i can lose weight, maintain, or slow bulk should i so wish, but whatever i decide to do with my weight i do it 16/8 (it was the leangains site that got me into it). i dont stick firmly to those figures these days, like i say i pretty much just miss breakfast, and often workout fasted just before dins. i also just do what i want if theres nights out or whatever, i dont let it rule my life, but 95% of the time i stick to it.
    its really satisfying if im raising calories over 2 meals too!
    when i started this i weighed 14 stone. i dropped down to 11 and a half in less than a year, and since then have just very slowly gone up to present weight of 12 and a quarter after a long period of maintaining

I’ll stick with this for life now, albeit not strictly as don’t need to lose anymore weight/bodyfat now. I’d say 5 days out of 7 i’ll IF 16/8.

Mental clarity in the morning at work fasted is second to none, feel good chemicals are very elevated fasted too, great for those Monday mornings, fasted and caffeinated on black coffee!

Also the research on IGF-1 hormone suppression can’t be overlooked so many benefits for disease and longevity.

Ignore the source for this link, as the content is very sound

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2650456/Fasting-just-eight-days-year-boost-immune-new-study-finds.html

“Valter Longo, longevity expert at the University of Southern California, said: ‘When you starve, the system tries to save energy, and one of the things it can do to save energy is to recycle a lot of the immune cells that are not needed, especially those that may be damaged.’ :mrgreen:

j3ffo
    Free Member

Hi guys

Just stumbled upon this thread as it’s something I have just started myself. Finding it relatively easy to stick with 16/8 and am coping with training in the morning (fasted too). Early results are good here, but just thought I’d check if there was any update from those above who were starting out?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You still doing this Hora et al?

Started this week, fasting til lunch, with a 8.5 mile commute at a briskish pace (33 minutes). I have no idea if I have lost weight, as it’s only wednesday, but feel really good all morning with a really clear head.

tbh, when lunch comes, I’m not really hungry at all, which is quite bizarre. I’ve dabbled at the fasting thing a few times, but as I was always on shifts, consistency was always an issue. I’m working 8-4 mon-fri now, so should work out much better.

hora
    Free Member

I’ll be restarting this in Spring

bigdawg
    Free Member

im still going on my silly early morning turbo rides… Actually gearing up for the tour of Sufferlandia at the end ofhte month.

hora
    Free Member

This’ll help with the fat club. Going to start this tomorrow with a loud film on 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Fasted rides’ is closed to new replies.