Viewing 10 posts - 201 through 210 (of 210 total)
  • Fast road cars
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

Please note the poster is trolling…he has previous for it………just saying. 😆

scotroutes

Aye, but he does it so well!

molgrips
    Free Member

Incidentally, does it occur to anyone that a driver could both be a safe competent driver AND obey speed limits?

CountZero

I drive a slow car, and tend to get a real thrill from slowing people in fast cars down, rather than racing them. It works best on wide “a” roads where I tend to stick to about 50 mph. If they try and overtake, I speed up a bit to stop them getting past.

I have come up behind arseholes who do exactly that. Sanctimonious dickheads who think they have the right to dictate how others drive.
    I don’t drive fast cars, except for the Puma, and that wasn’t that fast, just fast enough to be lots of fun.
    However, coming up behind someone doing 45 in a 60 limit, going to overtake with a nice big gap in front, then the jackass sticks his hoof down as I’m alongside with the oncoming vehicle getting closer is mindlessly stupid and dangerous.
    Next time it happens, I’ll know it’s that equally sanctimonious cock davidtaylforth.

ahwiles
    Free Member

David, you truly are a master of the art, thankyou!

jam-bo

really? it was like fishing with dynamite.

nickewen
    Free Member

mindmap, mikertroid. I’ve got the N53 detuned 3.0l in my 325i. In order to get to N53 330i levels of power (220>272bhp IIRC) you need the 3 stage intake manifold (325i is only single) which provides a slight forced induction effect by opening and closing valves in the manifold and changing the intake “length” through the rev range – this is the main piece of hardware that provides the extra 50bhp. I spoke to a couple of local tuning shops and they said a remap, exhaust and air filter etc. would get nowhere near 272bhp but would give better sound, responsiveness etc.

I really fancy getting the mod below:

http://mosselmanturbo.co.uk/remapping-carstyling-chiptuning/bmw/car-tuning/performance-packages/x/bmw-325i-e90-218hp/

£1500 sounds pricey but it gets you a 330i.. 325i’s are ten a penny in the facelift E90 but a manual box’d 330i with good spec is rarer that rocking horse droppings. I would get the mod tomorrow but for some reason the OH thinks it’s not a good way to spend 1500 quid!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It’s no sports car and I don’t feel like I’m egged on when driving it

Really? In terms of handling its up there with the MX5, it just doesnt have quite the same nimbleness, and its a bit more grown up. Turn the traction off, push it hard and it stops being a sedate cruiser and you really can see what a good car it is.

molgrips
    Free Member

then the jackass sticks his hoof down as I’m alongside with the oncoming vehicle getting closer

Even I don’t do that! 😉

King-ocelot
    Free Member

mindmap, mikertroid. I’ve got the N53 detuned 3.0l in my 325i. In order to get to N53 330i levels of power (220>272bhp IIRC) you need the 3 stage intake manifold (325i is only single) which provides a slight forced induction effect by opening and closing valves in the manifold and changing the intake “length” through the rev range – this is the main piece of hardware that provides the extra 50bhp. I spoke to a couple of local tuning shops and they said a remap, exhaust and air filter etc. would get nowhere near 272bhp but would give better sound, responsiveness etc.
    I really fancy getting the mod below:
    http://mosselmanturbo.co.uk/remapping-carstyling-chiptuning/bmw/car-tuning/performance-packages/x/bmw-325i-e90-218hp/

£1500 sounds pricey but it gets you a 330i.. 325i’s are ten a penny in the facelift E90 but a manual box’d 330i with good spec is rarer that rocking horse droppings. I would get the mod tomorrow but for some reason the OH thinks it’s not a good way to spend 1500 quid!

Hello sorry I didn’t see the earlier post. My wife’s car has upgraded manifold also. We bought a 325i as she wanted a manual and as stated above a 330i in manual is so rare, especially a tidy one. My father in law is service manager at BMW and he couldn’t source one but found a mint loved 325i.

On an owners club I read a bad review on that £1500 tune, I will see if I can find it. It said claims were optimistic

Viewing 10 posts - 201 through 210 (of 210 total)

The topic ‘Fast road cars’ is closed to new replies.